My daughter is getting married today!!!! But I'm too EVIL to attend...

by Bryan 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• gumby
    gumby
    Is the wedding at a Kingdom Hall? If so then you can, at least, attend. KH is a public space, even apostates can go there as long as they don't make a scene and keep quiet.

Damn straight!!!!!!!!!

Bryan.....I would go to your daughters wedding. She might fool herself into believing she doesn't want you there, but when it's all over, she will be glad her dad was there. The borg has ruined her reasoning, but not her true feelings. You have EVERY ri9ght to be there. As for the reception....why go? You would be shunned by all there and make it an uncomfortable place for her. The WTBTS stance on receptions with apostates or disfellowshipped ones attending is....."some may feel they would want to leave should one of these attend". There is no rules on attending a reception either in a public place for us heathens.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Gumby

• StinkyPantz
  • bikerchic
    bikerchic

Sorry Bryan it really must hurt but you did the right thing by giving her space:

I have decided to give her her space. No sense in both of us feeling negative

It is her day, but it ain't over 'till the fat lady sings...........life has a way of coming full circle, given space.

Do something fun today or plant a tree in honor of her "special" day.

Kate

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

That's so sad Bryan. I'm really sorry to hear it! Very painful to contemplate, and such odd "Christian" behavior.

((((Bryan))))

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I'm with Quotes and Gumby on this one. If it's held at the Kingdom Hall, go, be there for your daughter. In the end, you will both be glad you did.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Bryan,

This has got to be hard for you. Just the thought of being alienated from and hated by my kids and not being able to attend and share in the happiness of their weddings made me ill. Goddamnit, this religion is hateful. The religion is "evil", not you. My thoughts are with you.

Corvin

• codeblue
    codeblue

Brian, I feel so bad for you. This is a day you "should be" enjoying with your daughter.

Only a cult would influence family in a way that would keep them apart on a very special wedding day.

Maybe one day she will "understand" what the WTBS is really all about.

Many hugs for you today,

Codeblue

• hubert
    hubert

Sorry to hear this, Bryan. I agree with Gumby, Quotes, and wild horses, you should go to the KH, if it's not too late. Some day, she will be happy that you were there for her, if not today.

I would have gone if it was my daughter, but I would have made a scene.

Bad Hubert.

• hubert
    hubert

Bryan, If you go to the Hall,, don't make a scene because I would. I'm just telling you if it was me. I wouldn't want anybody to take that advice. It's really not the way to go. However, when I told my wife about your situation, she said to telll you she will pray every day for you, that you have a better relationship with your daughter, and my wife also teaches ccd, (Catholic religious instruction) for 5th graders, and she said she will have all her students pray for you.

Hugs from my wife... ((((Bryan)))).

• ConcernedMom
    ConcernedMom

I'm so sorry...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit