What's with 16 year old girls and male singers?

by gumby 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Gumby, Andy and I have had this same discussion a few times in the past couple of months. It all started when we heard the worst of all "lust after 16 year old girls" songs:

Here are the lyrics:

Into The Night

by: Benny Mardones

She's just sixteen years old
    Leave her alone, they say <......he should listen to them, the sleazy creep. Separated by fools
    Who don't know what love is yet
    But I want you to know -

CHORUS:
    If I could fly
    I'd pick you up
    I'd take you into the night
    And show you a love
    Like you've never seen - ever seen. <........Yeah well, I don't think 16 year old girls are supposed to have seen that kind of love and especially not in the arms of some much older guy. They should be applying for colleges and wondering if they will go to the prom, etc.

It's like having a dream
    Where nobody has a heart <.......in reality this guy is the one without a heart, thinking of taking some girl's teen years away from her so she can spend them being a pervert's little love toy.

It's like having it all
    And watching it fall apart
    And I would wait till the end of time for you
    And do it again, it's true

I can't measure my love <.......maybe that's why he is looking for a sixteen year old; real women couldn't meaure it either. A sixteen year old would be too ignorant to know the difference. There's nothing to compare it to <....either that or none of the girls in his highschool would have him. Women his age won't have him either. He's still trying to get up the nerve to ask out a teenager. But I want you to know -
    CHORUS

We figured that today the song might not hit. But they still play it in Arby's!

As a person who was hit on and worse by older guys when I was a teen; I can tell you that these songs make my skin crawl and they make me want to have someone take these guys out back and slap 'em around some: know what I mean?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

When I was 16, my hubby was 10. Good thing I didn't meet him until he was a hottie of 19.

Nina

• under74
    under74

oh, I forgot about that "Into The Night" song. My mom new all the lyrics to that one and would sing along everytime she heard it (while she was a JW) but she wouldn't allow me to listen to Prince.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    My mom new all the lyrics to that one and would sing along everytime she heard it (while she was a JW) but she wouldn't allow me to listen to Prince.

Either she was very naive or she was a touch hypocritical. But you loved her anyway.

• under74
    under74

My mom was a little of both--still is. Although she's not as hypocritical as she was when she was JW.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    girls out there with a thing for Bobby Darin!

A thing? Like what ... a shovel? A toe tag?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    girls out there with a thing for Bobby Darin!

A thing? Like what ... a shovel? A toe tag?

Yes, Bobby Darin is gone. He was one very handsome, sizzling & sexy man in his day. Sandra Dee sure liked him and she wasn't too shabby. By the way, they have made a movie about him. The girl who plays Sandra looks nothing like her though and that's annoying. I've only seen the trailer for the movie though.

• gumby
    gumby

Bobby Darin didn't sing about 16 year olds did he? Tell me he didn't......I'll kick his arse!

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Bobby Darin didn't sing about 16 year olds did he? Tell me he didn't......I'll kick his arse!

Gumby

I don't think he did, Guminator.

Other than guys thinking 16 year old girls might look more perfect than older women, I think the older guys like the idea of thinking they will impress the younger girls: you know, an ego thing. But they won't impress teeny boppers for long because eventually a wolf has to take off the sheep's clothing. If you're a sleazy schlep, you won't be able to hide it forever.

• gumby
    gumby
    I think the older guys like the idea of thinking they will impress the younger girls: you know, an ego thing

I dunno flyin'meister.....I think they like their bods.

I'm off ta bed....see ya in the mornin

Gumnutty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit