What's with 16 year old girls and male singers?

by gumby 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• gumby
    gumby
    And how about the Beatles' When I Saw Her Standing There? Well she was just seventeen...you know what I mean...and the way she looked was way beyond compare...yadayadayada.

17 year olds.......now that'sa different subject!

Gumby

• bebu
    bebu

By coincidence, gumby, yesterday I was in a store and listening to "You're 16... you're beautiful.. and you're mine" as BGM, and suddenly wondered "How OLD is this guy who is singing????!!!" And for the first time I began to wonder why all these over-the-hill singers were singing about16-year old girls...

A different world today, I guess...

bebu

• gumby
    gumby
    How OLD is this guy who is singing????!!!"

A different world today, I guess...

Bebu.....that's what is a little odd. All the songs mentioned , were written and sung by guys who should have been a little bit embarassed about singing about 16 year old girls and their intrest in having one. I don't remember the thinking on that matter back then but I DO remember it normal and popular (when I was in school), for high school dudes,.... juniors and seniors, giving their 7th and 8th grade(junior high) girlfriends rides to school and picking them up. They were 17 and 18 and the girls were 13 and 14. But..........25 year old guys singin bout 16 year olds and they become hits? Times have indeed changed.

Gumby

• Scully
    Scully

I always thought these guys were reminiscing about the first girls they "liked" as teenagers.... how's that for naive?? LOL

And then there's the opposite swing to it... young guys who fall in love with their "old" babysitters... like Paul Anka's "Diana"... I'm too young and you're too old, this my darling I've been told....

Love, Scully

• gumby
    gumby
    And then there's the opposite swing to it... young guys who fall in love with their "old" babysitters... like Paul Anka's "Diana"... I'm too young and you're too old, this my darling I've been told....

Love, Scully

Another one!

I'll bet that song wouldn't have went over well when the "teacher/school boy" trial was going on eh?

Gumby

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Does it seem odd to anyone else a dude would write a song about a sixteen year old AND it becomes a hit record?

it seems to work for R Kelly.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Scully - I always thought these guys were reminiscing about the first girls they "liked" as teenagers....

Yep...I thought that too. If you think about the songs in that light, they seem rather sweet.

• ballistic
    ballistic

The 16 year old girl I dated as a JW became my wife at 18... it didn't go well. My heartache is posted all over this web site. How it affects a man getting into his 30's?. I tend to look for older women, because you feel that older women are over playing games and using you. I have had a really hard time dealing with young women. I have recently joined several internet dating sites to find a wife and I'm hoping the minefield is not as bad as it was at such a young age.

• gumby
    gumby
    I tend to look for older women, because you feel that older women are over playing games and using you.

Ballistic ya bastard!...this ain't about you. This is bout some 20 - 30 year old horny guys who like 16 year olds and sing about it dang it!

Gumby

• Preston
    Preston

There's gotta be a couple of girls out there with a thing for Bobby Darin!

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit