WT WARNING EXAMPLES: Anybody see this video?

by cyber-sista 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

WARNING EXAMPLES FOR OUR TIMES was a WT release video that came out a couple of years ago. At the times I was given it to watch so I could know the seriousness of my daughter marrying an unbeliever (any of you who have heard my story know she had never become a believer herself, so technically was an unbeliever too, thus not qualified to marry a believer either, but made guilty by association with the JWs--catch 22 situation)

Anyway, the video horrified me at the time. It was well acted and filmed as far as the WT videos go--and more realistic than many of them

Anyway, it was the story of the young men who strayed over into one of the pagan nations in search of some hot pagan women. One of them brought the pagan woman back into their tent and the high priest drove a tent peg through their groins (so there was of screaming and such)

The film was creepy in many ways and started off with a voice over with a dreamy hypnotic feel to it. It felt so strange in many ways. I had to throw it away after watching it--it made me feel so weird and twisted. At the time all in the congo were saying what a wonderful video it was and a sister brought it to over my house again one day hoping that I would watch it again saying how wonderful it all was!

Not long after that in a KM it was advised to have your chiildren watch this video over and over again. At the time it made me sick to think of small children being exposed to the disturbing message of this film. I wasn't fully out of the Org then--still being under their emotional control and trying to expose things that I felt were wrong at the time. It was a surreal time for me and watching this film and it's message was unusually disturbing to me at the time. (An elder had already told me this story of the high priest/ tent peg/groin thing in regard to my daughter--saying this is the way Jehovah feels about her marriage to an unbeliever)

Did anyone else see this film--if so what did it do to your mind when you watched it? I have grown so highly suspicious of anything WT these days I almost believe this tape was created as a serious brainwashing tool...

Any thoughts on this one???

• Bryan
    Bryan

ciber-sista,

Holy Cow!

I Left the borg in early 90s, and have never seen the video. As I read your story it made me think of a mafia hit man showing the picture of sombody he chopped up last year.

"You's wouldn't want your little girl to end up like that, now would ya?" Says the hitman.

WJs are tought, this is what God made someone do, because somebody else was bad. Like a pedifile stabing a child doll and saying, "You wouldn't want that to happen to your little brother now would you?"

Horrible, those mind bending bastards!

Bryan

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Reminds me of how David Koresh made all of his people was the movie Platoon over and over to prepare them for the "end".

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

There are other movies made by the WT and intended for children which after watching them cause strange nightmares. I have heard reports of these movies allegedly containing psychoactive images intended to be shown to children in custody battles. It is believed that the intention is to invoke sexual abuse allegations however I have never seen this exposed on television or the news. I think in the early nineties Dateline or Conny Chung was investigating something like this but made no mention of a WT video. This is a good thread to locate stuff like this. I personally would be willing to pay significant cash for someone who can produce one of these. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to turn this over to the media for investigative purposes.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I've mentioned it here before, but I remember when they performed this drama at the 2001 DC. It made me sick. It was the beginning of the end.

• Flash
    Flash
    ...(any of you who have heard my story know she had never become a believer herself, so technically was an unbeliever too, thus not qualified to marry a believer either, but made guilty by association with the JWs--catch 22 situation)...

... (An elder had already told me this story of the high priest/ tent peg/groin thing in regard to my daughter--saying this is the way Jehovah feels about her marriage to an unbeliever)

Any thoughts on this one???

As I remember it, it was part of a drama on rebellion. It seems to have been expanded to include marriage choices. IMO, The elder who spoke to you was trying to control you and yours by using FEAR to manipulate. It really disgusts me!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

The video encourages the audience to feel bitter vindictive glee as Jehovah exterminates the Korahites. It props up the viewer by giving him some fuel on which to keep running - just a little longer and you'll get to see all of this for real!

It is totally unhealthy. No wonder JWs have so little compassion for people. It is a morbid religion.

SNG

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"There are other movies made by the WT and intended for children which after watching them cause strange nightmares. I have heard reports of these movies allegedly containing psychoactive images intended to be shown to children in custody battles. It is believed that the intention is to invoke sexual abuse allegations however I have never seen this exposed on television or the news. I think in the early nineties Dateline or Conny Chung was investigating something like this but made no mention of a WT video. This is a good thread to locate stuff like this. I personally would be willing to pay significant cash for someone who can produce one of these. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to turn this over to the media for investigative purposes. "

I would be willing to pay significant cash to see someone make sure you took your daily medication.

• avishai
    avishai

I want a copy. I wanna see this brainwashing bullshit.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I don't recall the video, although I remember seeing this played out at a DC drama.

One of them brought the pagan woman back into their tent and the high priest drove a tent peg through their groins (so there was of screaming and such)

Yeah this from a socalled loving organization.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit