I don't want to live forever on the earth

by Jez 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd love to live forever if i could stay young and healthy. and could keep cable and internet and cell phone and microwave..! lol

really though, i always thought as a jw i would probably NEVER DIE and in my mind i just dont think i'll ever die. which is nuts..hence my name.. but yeah i would find living forever attractive. theres so much in life to be thankful for and so much in life to DO that i havent done yet. i'd love to see my great great great great great grandkids grow up and have kids of their own. have my parents live forever too. the world will definitely be a darker place if/when they go.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Well, frankly I don't think about this all that much anymore, or ever really did actually - I guess it's more interesting to live than to think about living. But since we're on the subject I'll give it a go in this conceptualization. We tend to look at the live forever part of this question, but what about the I part? Naturally, from the perspective of the I the I is not aware of itself, but what if you didn't have the I? Naturally you wouldn't have the 'I want' either then. The point I (ahem) was trying to make in the other thread is just this, it's the limitations of the I that would make eternity a pain in the ass or wherever it happens to be. (brings to mind the mention of such things as "the hell of being cut to piece" from the movie Big Trouble in Little China - "the Chinese have a lot of hells" and again for PC sake, I'm Chinese so I can say this kind of stuff) So what if we can let go of that limitation? Is it even really you if you can let go of that "I"? Doesn't that imply it is only an aspect of you? From a less heady and more hearty perspective, we might just describe it as being in love with life rather than arguing with it. That doesn't mean there isn't both what you might call positive and negative, but it's just that you're taking the whole thing as it is - kind of like knowing your beloved's imperfections or whatever they say in the marriage vows, through sickness and health and all that stuff.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Not if I have to wear those flowerprint dresses.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I wouldn't either if I had to look forward to be propped up in a setting like they show in the WTS publications! And especially having to spend eternity with JWs and their ways!

But the thought of living forever and not having to face bad health or wrry about the things we all worry about---that sounds pretty good to me!

I've always been one to keep myself busy or amused, always starting new projects and trying new things---so never worried about that aspect. I don't mind being alone, but I enjoy being around people---and I have never been bored, except at a meeting at a KH!

I really don't know WHAT to expect---but the hope that I once had for a cleansed earth WAS mighty inviting. If it turns out that there's something else ahead, then so be it! Being alive is great---but being disabled now, has cramped my style nevertheless.

We're all in this mess together and don't KNOW what's going to happen, so I'm not alone, right?

Annie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I would have liked to live forever.

No stress, no pressure. Plenty of time. Time to learn. Time to correct mistakes. Time to find a mother and father who cared for me.

'Twas not to be. More's the pity.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg NO! There is a scripture in the bible, pagan that I am, I remember it, there is NOTHING new under the sun. Remember that? Its already ALL of it been done before more than once! So even giving me a few thousand years to learn them all for myself, that leaves ETERNITY in boredom. That is not my idea of paradise, that is my idea of HELL!

*****shivering*******

well, no matter, it was all a fairy tale anyway!

Sherry

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    I always assumed that after being on the earth for some time, god would allow us to explore/ populate other planets or something. I don't want to spend all my time petting formerly wild animals while having a picnic with my racially and culturally diverse friends in a setting akin to a 1950's middle class American ideal

Notice alert, all WT publication illustrations have all kind of diversity, except: No Beards!

Even the Sihk or Ruskies have no beards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit