Why does God need to be worshiped?

by Scully 132 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Didier:
    Given that she was content to have him bring about his own demise, I can think of two replies to that one.

The first is, was she really a blessing?
    The second is, although the record is silent on the matter, how can we be sure he didn't replace her?
    Methinks I mighta.

Hehe

Scully:Nice link!
    LOL

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Narkissos=Didier? I want a nickname.. lol

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Stinkypantz = Bridget
    LittleToe = Ross
    Narkissos = Didier

And narely a nickname in sight

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Oops.. I've never heard than name before.. . Sorry.. .. You can call me Tardo..

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Re: Tardo, isn't that an unusual nickname?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm an unusual girl

• therealtruthsayer
    therealtruthsayer

I have thought about this 1000 times and I don't think he does cause he knows what you are thinking. Not all people express love with outward action, why would a realaitonship with God be any differnt, he knows if you praise him, saying it is not even like really thinking and beleive it, a mouth can say anything, talk is cheap, get it?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Insecurity?

• one
    one

Thinking of your DOG in retrospect, it is your best friend after all.

• Flash
    Flash
    Is worship meant to be a reverent show of appreciation for life that God imparts to individuals?

I say YES!. What can anyone give to God except our love, devotion???

If that's the case, and someone - by the mere accident of their birth - has a truly crappy life, why should these people worship God or show him "appreciation" for their unfortunate circumstances? Any ideas??

Love, Scully

Most of us here have studied with and been baptized by the Witnesses, so the teaching of the 'Angelic Rebellion' and all its consequences for humanity is common knowledge. It also is a teaching that I agree with...God is innocent of all our suffering and hardship, more than that, He is ACTIVELY correcting the problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit