Why does God need to be worshiped?

by Scully 132 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shera
    shera

I think the same question all the time.I always feel if he was a loving kind God,why does he need all those foolish ceremonies?Why does he need people sitting in a room for hours,spanking children.Saying words over and over...why make people feel guilty,feeling they are not doing enough for their God.

Religion sucks!

I'm spiritual and I do try to be a good person and raise my children to have good morals.I feel that is all God wants,for us to be thankful and be good people.

Soledad... sorry to hear,she said that to you.That was just cruel.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Our personal God -- love it or hate it -- is a Raggedy Andy sewn bit by bit upon the patchwork personal-identity weaved by the mind.

"God", needs to be worshipped that we may reinforce our cherished little identity of self.

"God", needs to be worshipped that we do not die to what we believe ourselves to be.

j

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

shera : I think the same question all the time.I always feel if he was a loving kind God,why does he need all those foolish ceremonies?Why does he need people sitting in a room for hours,spanking children.Saying words over and over...why make people feel guilty,feeling they are not doing enough for their God.

Religion sucks!

PERIOD !
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

God, rewarded Job's obedience by giving him multiple times what he lost!

If you read out of the box, you will note that the innocent that did die, did not get resurrected and/or rewarded!

God is so petty, you might as well worship a Lion! At least he protect his pride and all they have to do is give him sex, and food!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Scully:

Now, now... I didn't say that... although I'd like to know who squealed.. *ahem*... spilled the beans...

~ears prick up~
    Ermm, actually I heard it was you who was doing the squealing. I didn't hear about the beans, though, Isn't that a little perverse?

DaCheech:

If you read out of the box, you will note that the innocent that did die, did not get resurrected and/or rewarded!

The nicest answer I heard to that was that since everything was doubled, and he was given the same number of children back, the previous children must also have been safe - in heaven. Hence he had his cake and ate it and truly got double of everything

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

The Bible contains about the biggest bunch of crap that I know

period

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Holy thread derailment, batman!!!

So, are we now talking about Eglon? (ESV version)

• Scully
    Scully

LT - since we're on the topic of King Eglon, I thought I'd throw in another link referring to him:

wt 8/15/03: Easing Nature - Is it for Christians?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The nicest answer I heard to that was that since everything was doubled, and he was given the same number of children back, the previous children must also have been safe - in heaven. Hence he had his cake and ate it and truly got double of everything

But but but... The satan, who was a smart guy, took everything away from Job except his nice and understanding wife (2.9ff)... and she was not replaced!

(Running to hide...)

• Scully
    Scully

Narkissos:

But but but... The satan, who was a smart guy, took everything away from Job except his nice and understanding wife (2.9ff)... and she was not replaced!

Perhaps Job needed to have a constant reminder of his suffering in order to fully appreciate how truly blessed he was??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit