What was the funniest Bush moment in last nights debate?

by IronGland 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole
    I thought it was pretty funny when the commander in chief had to remind the moron, who thinks he can be the CIC, of a nation who've put their lives on the line for this cause.
    I thought it was pretty funny when on Friday, after the debate, the president of Poland was asked about this exchange, he admitted that he appreciated their contribution being acknowleged, but he also pointed out that he had been rather misled about the need for war.

Guys,

I felt it my duty to explain the situation here .

The president of Poland - Kwasniewski would like Bush rather than Kerry to win as the lesser evil in terms of our international relations. Why? Well, we got this guarantee from the US and UK secret services of strong intelligence proving the existence of WMDs in Iraq. Sounded like a good excuse for going to war.

But that's fine, now we can rationalize post factum like Bush and Blair do (the-world-is-a-better-place-without-Saddam thing), and we're quite good at it. It's not why Kwasniewski is frustrated about the Polish contribution to the war effort. The real reason is that other promises were made, including contracts for Polish companies in rebuilding Iraq (our construction companies have some 30 years of experience in Iraq). We had also been hoping the US would loosen the visa regulations (to some extent), because as it is now we pay for American visas with no guarantee of obtaining them. Another thing is that we also feel like having been screwed about the F-16 deal (we bought some from the US, but the offset contract requirements are not being met by the American side).

Kwasniewski was naive to think that just because 2000+ Polish troops have been in Iraq from day one (about 20 of them have died so far), we may have a good argument in those issues.

So this is why I think he feels "misled" about the war, not because no WMDs were found. He still thinks Bush is the lesser evil, because if Kerry gets elected we may get screwed for good .

If Kerry wins and makes a deal with France and Germany then Poland will come across as the biggest fool in Europe who really "wasted their chance to shut up" (as the petty superpower leader Jacques Chirac put it). The reasons for going to this war will be officially cancelled by the will of the American nation (results of the elections), and Kerry won't even pretend to feel obliged to fulfill the above-mentioned promises. How pathetic.

Don't worry, as a nation of martyrs we're used to getting screwed .

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Pole

But if our illustrious leader is already reneging on the contract, isn't it a bit optimistic to think that he will start playing honourably in his second term? I also don't quite see how presidents in general could renege on the deals of predecessors, without completely destroying America's reputation. If all deals were invalidated every time there's a new president then surely no one would ever do business with America?

• Pole
    Pole

myauntfanny,

Yes, the official written deals are like you said. However, there are also those less formal deals which are easy to reneg, but when cancelled they create the same amount of frustration if not greater because you can't claim compensation.

The situation here was that 75% of Poles were against the war, but Kwasniewski and others took the risk of trusting the US, because of the informal deals (which almost everybody here took for granted).

And yes it is "optimistic" to think Bush will be more serious about the medium nations who consider themselves partners of the US if he gets reelected (so far he's only paid lipservice). Bush is stupid in that he could easily use the pro-Americanism of the 40m Poles. Instead he has only wasted it. Well, perhaps he doesn't really care. However if Kerry puts emphasis on his relations with France and Germany, then it will be even more "optimistic" to think that Poland will count any longer as a potential partner. It's cynical, but it's politics.

If anything, politicians here have learnt that you should first make your expectations explicit and your deals more formal before committing yourself to a cause, however righteous it is proclaimed to be. :)

• teejay
    teejay

This guy made the comment to me "Bush is an idiot" - I responded by pointing out that you don't make it to the presidency by being an idiot.

Bush may not be an idiot in the true sense of the word, but he's far, far, very far from genius. Or informed. Or reflective. Or thoughtful. A man who brags that he doesn't read the newspaper ? who says that the only way to get objective news is to ask people on his staff ? is not one who's worthy of respect.

It's true that he had the sense to choose politically seasoned and savvy Cabinet members, but they have all, one by one, been found lacking. When's the last time anyone saw Rumsfeld or Powell or Rice. Where've they been this presidential campaign? I propose they've come up missing because Rove and the others know that putting these "great choices" out front would severely damage Bush's chances for re-election.

So even in the area of his choice of who to surround himself with, Bush has not done well. Bush is arguably the worst, most dangerous, most ill-qualified president the US has *ever* had.

• bisous
    bisous

Teejay,

No arguments here.

• heathen
    heathen

I like when Kerry mentioned haliburton and bush rebuttal was ------- My oponent is a flip flopper blah blah

• Corvin
    Corvin
    I responded by pointing out that you don't make it to the presidency by being an idiot.

Forgive me, but being an idiot has nothing to do with making it to the presidency. It has everything to do with who your daddy is and how much money you can spend to get elected. Bush is proof positive that idiots can get elected president.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I responded by pointing out that you don't make it to the presidency by being an idiot.
    Forgive me, but being an idiot has nothing to do with making it to the presidency. It has everything to do with who your daddy is and how much money you can spend to get elected. Bush is proof positive that idiots can get elected president.

Corvin, I heartily concur! (as you can see by my earlier remark!) By the way, your name, Corvin......is that you're real name? The reason I ask, is that my maiden name is Crowe..........LOL......

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

My favorite was when Bush said "mexed missages" instead of "mixed messages.

• Gozz
    Gozz

"I know how the world works!"

He didn't say that! Or, did he, really??

Stoopid!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit