What was the funniest Bush moment in last nights debate?

by IronGland 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yeah..sort of Americanized.

Actually that's incorrect. Should be Americanised, of course.

Then the buggers stick S's where there should be C's!

No offensce.

Englishman.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    "Vociferously" is not that large or uncommon a word...and to conclude that 98% of the population is ignorant of it's meaning implies a negative assessment of the average Americans intelligence in general. I'd like to see some data to back that up.

C'mon. When's the last time you heard a human being actually use that word in conversation?

It is one thing to be an educated president and not be comfortable hiding the fact that you have an education, but it is totally another to be an idiot and pretend you do.

Corvin

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Bush's use of the word vociferously. I wonder how long he had to practice that one to get it right. He could not have looked more contrived than to use a word 98% of the American public would not know the definition of. Did he really think he would fool anyone, let alone those who did not have to run for their dictionaries?

I'm sure he studied assiduously, Flyin'

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    implies a negative assessment of the average Americans intelligence in general.

hmmmmmmmmmm..........well, you had to be American to vote for Bush in the first place, Mac.........

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    This guy made the comment to me "Bush is an idiot" - I responded by pointing out that you don't make it to the presidency by being an idiot.

Dawn, no, you are quite right, you have to have your daddy (who is an ex-prez, let us not forget) and mommy buy and call in all their "favors" for you.............their "base" who Baby Bush inherited from mom and dad. Let us also not forget that they are one of the wealthiest and most influential families in the US, old money on both sides.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake
    You don't have to use a word every day to know its definition and have it as part of your vocabulary. If you didn't know its meaning and people you surveyed didn't either- instead of accusing GWB of some trickery or casting aspersions on the intelligence of 98% of the American public- I'd suggest those people expand their own vocabulary

It's more important to learn how to use the words you already know than running to the thesaurus so you can sound smart.

While I admire someone who can use big words and sound intelligent, BUSH does NOT. He doesn't even pronounce the words right half the time, or sometimes he makes up his own. (Misunderestimate, Strategery) You can tell he has a very limited vocabulary, but he tries to insert big words to make himself sound intelligent. Instead, it seems to have the opposite effect. He probably uses words like "vociferous" because he thinks it covers up his lacking speech skills, his uncomfortable silences, his stuttering, his animal-like facial expressions...

Of course, if I had to LIE everytime I had to speak in public, I would not be a very good speaker either.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    Yeah..sort of Americanized.

Actually that's incorrect. Should be Americanised, of course.

Then the buggers stick S's where there should be C's!

No offensce.

Englishman.

I know. Isn't it so cool how we make everything better?? Rev

• bisous
    bisous

anybody watch Saturday Night Live last night? the opening skit was a parody of the debate..... it was pretty damn funny, and meted out the ribbing on both sides. I m proud to say they highlighted George's overuse of the term "Its HARD, Its HARD work, Its a HARD job" ... (that was my choice earlier here for the funniest moment)

• bisous
    bisous

double post

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    C'mon. When's the last time you heard a human being actually use that word in conversation?

It is one thing to be an educated president and not be comfortable hiding the fact that you have an education, but it is totally another to be an idiot and pretend you do.

Corvin

Thank you, Corvin. I still haven't surveyed anyone who knows vociferously. I think Bush's speech coaches were foolish to have chosen that particular word for him to use to impress. He probably chose that from a list because it sounded similar to Bocephus, Hank W. Jr.'s nick name.

Sunny, I think the only thing GW does assiduously is use the flip flop strategy.

You don't have to use a word every day to know its definition and have it as part of your vocabulary. If you didn't know its meaning and people you surveyed didn't either- instead of accusing GWB of some trickery or casting aspersions on the intelligence of 98% of the American public- I'd suggest those people expand their own vocabulary
    It's more important to learn how to use the words you already know than running to the thesaurus so you can sound smart.

His debate team probably ran to the thesaurus for him.

Bisous, I forgot all about SNL until it was too late. I have been catching all of the late night talk show monologues though. We thoroughly enjoyed Friday night's Mcglaughlin Group. Even the republicans, including Pat Buchanan had to admit that Kerry won the debate. John sure thought so, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit