What was the funniest Bush moment in last nights debate?

by IronGland 39 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland
    first responders, nuclear safety, etc.)."
    "Fighting so vociferously."
    "Of COURSE I know it was Osama bin Laden who attacked us!"
    Referring to Iraq: "The enemy attacked us!"
    "I know how the world works!"
    "I'm trying to put a leash on my daughters."
    "It's hard work to try to love her as best I can..."
    "Let me finish!" (when no one had tried to interrupt him)
    Asking for a rebuttal, getting it, then standing there and saying NOTHING
    "Of course we're after Saddam Hussein -- I mean, bin Laden!"
    "You forgot Poland!"
    Other / I'm just amused he even bothered to show up
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

That one was great. I was cheering when Kerry called him on it, and cracked up by Bush's insipid response.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Then Kerry pointed out that Saddam had not attacked us, Osama had.

It was priceless the way Bush laid himself wide open with that one.

Bush's use of the word vociferously. I wonder how long he had to practice that one to get it right. He could not have looked more contrived than to use a word 98% of the American public would not know the definition of. Did he really think he would fool anyone, let alone those who did not have to run for their dictionaries?

Bush's leaning on the podium. He is taking criticism, even from republicans for his lack of dignity, respect and judgement in using such a casual posture. It was very unprofessional and helped lose him the debate. He looked like he was addressing a rancher's convention.

• FMZ
    FMZ

lol, you guys have to check out the video on www.democrats.org

On their front page, they have a big section called "Faces of Frustration", and they have a 30 second long clip of all the weird and wacky faces Bush pulls during the debate.

Seriously people... do you really want this moron as your next president? *sigh*

FMZ

• Mulan
    Mulan

That was my favorite too.

He is just too embarassing to be the President of the United States.

• bisous
    bisous

This is hard work!

over and over and over

• Mac
    Mac

"Vociferously" is not that large or uncommon a word...and to conclude that 98% of the population is ignorant of it's meaning implies a negative assessment of the average Americans intelligence in general. I'd like to see some data to back that up.

• Dawn
    Dawn

One of the guys at work tried to get me into a political debate over the upcoming election today. I have not yet completely decided who I am voting for because with both candidates there are some issues I agree on and some I think they stink!

This guy made the comment to me "Bush is an idiot" - I responded by pointing out that you don't make it to the presidency by being an idiot. I may not agree with Bush on political issues, and I don't think he's a very good speaker - but he is definately not an idiot. He did a good job of surrounding himself with cabinet members that know their stuff. Nobody makes it to the office of President of the United States who is completely an idiot - in honesty.

I dont' think Kerry is an idiot either - for the same reason - a person has to have some admirable level of intelect to succeed and attain the position he has.

Bush seems set on war rather than negotiations, which I don't like at all - but then again, I think Kerry's claim that he can get us out of Iraq, deal with Iran, and North Korea AND bring tax deductions all in 4 years is a hallucination. Anyone that believes that, I have some waterfront property in Arizona to sell them. I don't think we should have invaded Iraq - I didn't agree with it in the beginning. But now that we're there I think we have a responsibility to complete the job and not leave those people with a complete screwed up world.

Then there's the democrats - who are the ONLY ones who have sponsored and cosponsored the two bills now in legislation to bring back the draft. Check out www.congress.gov and search for bills HR163 and S89 to confirm this.

I have decided I will watch the next two debates - and do some more research and soul searching before I make my final decision on who to vote for.

However - I will say this. I respect both Kerry and Bush for running for office - after all - what kind of democracy would we have if we didn't have a choice. What kind of election would it be if we had only one option? I don't think America would benefit by being ALL Republican or ALL Democrat. I think both sides have some good values and a combination of both in power provides a more balanced nation.

Dawn (stepping off the soap box now).........

• Simon
    Simon

Watching Bush is like watching the muppet show ... and thinking that they have a stand-in working the puppet who doesn't know what he's doing.

That smirky / vacant "no one is telling me what to say" look.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "Vociferously" is not that large or uncommon a word...and to conclude that 98% of the population is ignorant of it's meaning implies a negative assessment of the average Americans intelligence in general. I'd like to see some data to back that up.

Mac, very few Americans have the vocabulary that you do.That's a compliment. That doesn't make American's stupid, it's just that many English words are not used everyday. I have asked several people if they know what vociferously means and not one of them has ever even heard the word until this debate. Maybe it is commonly used in Indiana, but they sure don't use it regularly anywhere that I have lived. I have lived a lot of places.

You like Bush. That's cool. Not all of us are drawn to the same people. Not all of us are repulsed by the same people. Variety is the spice of life, so goes the old cliche'. On the other hand many, many of us Americans and Non-Americans do not like Bush. For an incumbent it's not a good sign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit