Letter From Society Say Going To a JW/Non-JW Wedding Has Consequences!

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

About 10 years ago, in a congregation out in AZ that I was somewhat attending, the PO married two non-jws. The cong. rented a hall for them, threw them a big party, etc.

Anyway, as it turns out, they were both already married in California and had federal warrants out for their arrest!

haha, it was funny stuff.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

This has been true for awhile--believe me I know. It happened with my daughter 2 years ago. She was not baptized nor had she ever made attempts to become a JW and neither was my hubby. But because she had attended the meetings with me for several years the elders judged that in her heart she was a JW and therefore accountable to JW laws (she was getting married to a non-JW also) Catch 22--she was not qualified to marry a JW either. Anyway, to make a long story short the elders made it into a big ordeal --contacting the local branch and the society and the CO. We were informed that anyone with a position who attended her wedding would be removed from their position--it was the rules now. They actually said that any JW who attended the wedding was not being loyal to Jehovah and suggested that I not go myself to make my position clear. So what position is that I had to ask myself.?...That I will spoil my loving daughter's wedding for countless involved and my relationship with my daughter, husband, son-in-law--his family, my father and the rest of my non-JW family, along with being viewed by the community as an unbalanced person? And the point of that being??? The elders said it would be a good witness to the community for me to not attend??? (I felt the opposite)

I was literally tortured by the Org on account of these things. I was told that this is one of the swords that divides families and my choice in the end was to prove my loyalty to the Org by doing things that would separate me from my family.

Yes, there are consequences and you can be removed from a "position" for attending a wedding, whether they be a baptized JW or otherwise.

We were told this 2 years ago by the elders the society and the CO who I had a personal conversation with-- and it had been the rule for a while.

I attended my daughter's wedding--and we are both now shunned by many in the local congo. I no longer attend meetings and will never again for this and countless other reasons related to this COLD HEARTED ORG...

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I JUST WENT TO MY BAPTIZED / NON ACTIVE DAUGHTERS WEDDING TO A SEVERE NON JW.

IN ATTENDANCE WERE ME, DF'D, ONE OF MY SONS DF'D, ANOTHER DAUGHTER / NON ACTIVE, MY FIRST WIFE, DF'D.

ALSO MY 2ND WIFE STILL A JW, ONE DAUGHTER AND ONE SON ALL "SOMEWHAT" ACTIVE.

WHAT DA YA THINK?? SHOULD I DROP A DIME ON THEM ALL AND TURN THEM IN TO THE ELDERS??

Outoftheorg with the evil grin on my face.

• wednesday
    wednesday

About 10 yrs ago my hubby's best friend in the org got married. My hubby has been inactive for a long time. His BEST FRIEND would not allow him to be the best man, asked an elder who was not even his friend to be best man. We attended the wedding, but it was extremely insulting.

Recently a relative died, and one adult child , inactive but still defends the org, was rude and insulting to another DF relative. I boycotted the funeral for my other relatives sake. the hell with them.

JWS has a whole slew of unwritten rules and they just make it up as they go, and yes it does vary as to area. Here in the southwest, fundy religions has a strong hold and JWS are not that dissimilar from them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit