My cat Kato... is hurt?

by Jim_TX 14 Replies latest social humour

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Jim, cats are great, aren't they? And they can be so mischevious. As I write this, I'm soaking in the bathtub (thank god for my wireless notebook) and my cat is standing on her hind legs leaning into the tub, wacking her paw at the water. A few minutes earlier, she pushed the shower curtain and liner into the water. Her brother is curled up in the bathroom sink with his head and paw resting on the rim.

She and her brother can be a handfull sometimes, but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! They're there for me everytime I walk in the door to greet me with a cheerful look and a brush against my leg. And someone said this on another posting earlier in the month - that we as a group can appreciate, more than many others do, the unconditional love that animals show - and I think that is so true!

Glad Kato is ok - I was afraid to read your post for a second.

- CF

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Jim

Glad your cat is okay.

Our 5 month old kitty has turned into quite the little hunter.(he's very healthy now ..thanks to Odrades suggestion to get a upper respiratory problem fixed..thanks odrade)

He brought a snake in the house the other night.. (FREAKED me OUT!)..

I ran up the steps and yelled for help to get that dog-gone snake out of MY house. .

it started with just grasshoppers, then flying grasshoppers, next was dragon flies, then a mole. and now a snake. That's it..the snake pushed me over the edge. All these live animals flying, scurring..sheesh.

I have started keeping the kitty door shut.. and he now has to go through a complete screening procedure before he comes in.

Special K

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Okay... no one told me that my attempt to show a photo of Kato was unsuccessful...

Let me try this one more time.

http://joj.home.texas.net/pix/Kato01.jpg

or...

http://joj.home.texas.net/pix/Kato02.jpg

Hopefully it will work this time.

He's a real goofy cat... as so many of them are. He likes to play a lot.

He also has recently 'discovered' the bathtub - after my morning showers. And will hop into the still wet tub, and investigate the water. I will turn on the faucet to a small stream - for his entertainment - he bats at it (you can't really 'see' clear water), and sometimes will try to get a drink.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Special K
    Special K

Hey Jim Tx..

The pictures are there and that is one cute cat, Jim.

Here's a little story for you. happened over the weekend.

We have a hot tub in our outside deck. My husband took the cover off a week and a half ago and drained it, in order to do maintenance on it.

So it's been nice and dry in the hot tub, all water cleaned out. Anyway, our kitty has been running out the door in the morning, when he first goes out and jumps into the empty hot tub and plays in there.

I didn't pay much attention until this past Saturday morning.

My kids got up first, I was still in bed. I heard my 9 year old son out on the deck screaming for help.

He opened the door let the kitty out .. who ran as fast as he could and jumped into the hot tub.. which my husband filled throughout the night (cold water). Man, that was sure one WET CAT!. I ran down the stairs to see my son holding this soaked, drenched kitty.. My son said our cat had an awful shocked expression on his face as he was paddling in there.

He's okay,.. a big fluffy towel sure helped out.

It was very very funny.

Oh.. and he doesn't run out and jump in the hot tub anymore.

Special K

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Kato really is a beauty.

Special K. They are smart ain't they ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit