If Something Bad Happens To A JW, Are You Happy?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Every so often, I read that some posters have such contempt for Jehovah's Witnesses, that they are happy when they hear that one died or suffered from cancer or some other disease or tragedy. They rationalize things by saying, "JWs are so corrupt that getting rid of them in any way is good!". Or, "I'm GLAD that this bad thing happened to them. They're just child molesters or (due to the blood issue) or just killers......Any comments on this type of thinking???

It saddens me whenever someon is suffering in any way. I would like to see all JWs get free from the WTS. Even my abusive ex - well I will admit I was a bit smug when the second wife left him but at the same time he is the father of my two children and I know they don't like it when he is not happy. I actually called to congrtulate him when he married her and wished him the best - just stay away from me

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

To Shamus and the forum:

My public apologies..........to Shamus ...................I hope they are accepted!

Yes Shamus..............your little smiley at the end was not what I looked at. I sincerely apologize to you for my chastisement. It's time for this old man to take a sabatical and regroup. I need to get "Happy" again.

You said...

You don't really think I was serious, do you? That I really enjoy seeing JW's suffer? I was being sarcastic!!!!! That's what that little emoticon symbolized.

Who is going to admit that they enjoy seeing JW's suffer? NOBODY. If they do, they need to be hospitalized. I can't believe that I even need to clarify that.

Without anger covered eyes.........I now understand. (kicking myself in the "ass" for being an "ass")

But not to Farkels post ! (hey....if he is allowed to dis anyone........then he can be dissed too!)

HappyDad

• shamus
    shamus

HappyDad,

Diss me anytime I act like an asshole. That's real life; not some fantasy world that is often all to prevelant here.

If you think that I haven't pissed some people off royally, far more than you even imagined you did to me... well, I have. So what am I saying?

Don't worry about it.

Now it's Minimus's turn to dis me. It isn't going to happen, though. I've never seen him flame. Pity.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    Every so often, I read that some posters have such contempt for Jehovah's Witnesses, that they are happy when they hear that one died or suffered from cancer or some other disease or tragedy. They rationalize things by saying, "JWs are so corrupt that getting rid of them in any way is good!". Or, "I'm GLAD that this bad thing happened to them. They're just child molesters or (due to the blood issue) or just killers......Any comments on this type of thinking???

To blame a group of people for the actions of another is prejudice.................."I hate prejudice" Brownboy

• dustyb
    dustyb

how about this.........i dislike brownboy =D

• Gordy
    Gordy

Well I?ve been coming on this forum for about 4 years now and I have never come across any postings by anyone saying they were glad to hear that something like, cancer, illness or tragedy had happened to some JW. But that?s not to say there may have been in the thousands of postings.

I personally, since I left, have known four JW?s s who have died, two from brain tumours, one from stomach cancer and one died in his sleep. All were Elders. I was sad when I heard, I attended two of the funerals. They were all ?good? men all in their 70?s when they died. They were Elders who really cared about the congregation and its members.

Now the congregation is run by younger ?organisation? men, everything done ?by the book? types. Concerned only with hours, meeting attendance, keeping people in line etc. But operate with double standards, depending if you in favour with them or not.

But I must admit to a certain satisfaction when something goes wrong for one of them. One who thought he was ?Gods gift? to the congregation recently resigned over ?family problems? and I thought ?Now you know what its like, to be on the receiving end.?

But if I had heard he fallen seriously ill I would have been sorry for him and his family. They are still fellow humans when all said.

On the other hand I have known JW?s who upon hearing someone who has left get cancer, die, etc. Say ?Well that?s what they get for leaving Jehovah?s organisation and they won't get any resurrection serve them right?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

HappyDad - I've been on this forum for almost three years now, and minimus and farkel have ALWAYS done this to each other. They deserve each other. Shamus is a bit newer, but he enjoys the flamewars just as much as any veteran.

Farkel pick on minimus. Minimus picks on Farkel. It keeps the forum amused and lets them blow off steam from all the tension of their combined one hundred years of celibacy.

'taint nuthin but an X (dub) thang...

CZAR

• minimus
    minimus

I know of someone who regularly gloats that Rutherford had "asshole cancer". How's that Farkel??

• Brummie
    Brummie

Happydad, Farkel has been dissed on several occasions, he doesnt always get away with it. The fact that Farkel loves minimus is obvious to many of us, even though their relationship has been a very stormy one over the last couple of years. Their fighting is nothing new, True love never runs smooth huh.

• minimus
    minimus

Shamus, why would I ever diss you? I only respond to persons that want to be taken seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit