If Something Bad Happens To A JW, Are You Happy?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Every so often, I read that some posters have such contempt for Jehovah's Witnesses, that they are happy when they hear that one died or suffered from cancer or some other disease or tragedy. They rationalize things by saying, "JWs are so corrupt that getting rid of them in any way is good!". Or, "I'm GLAD that this bad thing happened to them. They're just child molesters or (due to the blood issue) or just killers......Any comments on this type of thinking???

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I think that's every bit as bad as Jehovah's Witnesses rejoicing at the thought of millions of people dying at Armageddon.

Nina

• Brummie
    Brummie

Darn, I get gutted when I hear of JW tragedy or deaths. The people you mention have forgotten where they came from and havent changed a hoot after leaving the WT.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

FOR ME IT IS THE SAME AS IF THEY ARE NOT JW'S.

IT DEPENDS ON WHETHER THEY ARE "EVIL" AND HAVE HURT ME OR PEOPLE I KNOW.

OR IF THEY ARE A SERIAL KILLER AND OR RAPIST. I FEEL THEIR PUNISHMENT OR DEATH IS JUSTIFIED

EVEN THEN I DON'T RELISH THEIR DEATH BUT I MAY FEEL THE EARTH IS A LITTLE BETTER

PLACE WITHOUT THEM.

IF IT IS JUST A RANDOM DEATH DUE TO ACCIDENT OR ILLNESS, I HAVE LITTLE OR NO REACTION UNLESS THEY WERE AT ONE TIME FRIENDS, THEN THERE IS SOME REGRET.

Outoftheorg

• Badger
    Badger

Schaunenfreud, isn't that called?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It doesn't matter if they're JW, Catholic, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Black, White, Yellow, Red, or Green. They are still a human, and they have my compassion and sympathy.

Bren

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

once you've had bad things happen to you yourself.. i dont think you find joy in anyones pain.

i dont anyway.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I have an interesting view on this (remember I am an active JW):

I sincerely love many of the people who happen to be JWs, remember that many of them don't really know why they believe the way they do, they just swallow it all down as "the Truth".

But if there is discrimination against JWs, including "persecution" or loss of rights, I get out the pom-poms. I don't believe this is an effective way to stop JWs or their practices - in fact JWs will certainly view it as affirmation of their faith. But I have an ax to grind and would drop my JW status in a heartbeat to facilitate such an action. My presence on JWD is part of this.

When a JW dies, I find it sad because another "coppertop" wasted their life for a cult.

When a JW losses their child over a blood transfusion because they murdered the kid with a doctrine, I get mad. I see red every time I see a press release about child abuse from a JW lawyer.

I believe the Org is made of many personalities who are driven by many differing motivations. To judge the lot as bad would be wrong. But there are a few I want to see alive when this whole charade crumbles. That will be my vindication.

• kls
    kls

No i don't but this little part of me wants to see the JWS that treated me with hate and talked to me like i was crap on their shoes to just have alittle medical problem . Maybe a huge wart on their nose or a bent finger from ringing door bells or maybe having their tongue glued to the roof of their mouth.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Does that sound to mean ?

Not when you consider the fact that they wanna see the birds pecking out your eyes at armagiddyon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit