Sexism in the borg....sexist pigs the lot

by Jez 46 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I got to help with the accounts for a while. We had, I believe, only one ministerial servant at at the time and I guess the elders were too good. I collected the money and wrote up the slips.. yadda, yadda. I also helped do inventory for the books at times.

I agree that women are treated like shit for the most part though.. but I thought I'd throw in a couple of my experiences.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Watchtowerism points to scriptures by Paul (the mysogynist) to support it's position.

Then again, the bible was once used some to support the idea of slavery, and the belief that black people were "cursed" by god.

This is the mess that results when people try to live their lives according to mythology.

Might as well learn to speak Klingon and absorb yourself into the Star Trek world.

~Quotes, of the "Ensign in Star Fleet Academy" class

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sexism in the borg? Don't get me started.

I do agree with this little excerpt from the 1955 Good Housekeeping article:

Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

You know, men do really love it when their wives or significant others provide a little girl-on-girl action. Yes, they do love a LIFT in their day and it's your duty to provide it, girls.

(It's a joke, son.)

• Panda
    Panda

Can you say Patriarchal religion? Everyone of them hate woman, consider them filthy and that they are chattel. The Israelites, Christians ans muslims all share this convuluted reasoning and say it;s from GOD. SHEESH give it a break.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Everyone of them hate woman, consider them filthy and that they are chattel.

You're kinda joking right?

• TMS
    TMS

Nancy Drake:

"They are probably afraid women would take over the organization and give the G.B. a run for their money (and power)!"

Remember AMNESIAN? Do you think she would have any difficulty dealing with the G.B.?

tms

• orbison11
    orbison11

hi jez

just wondering,on what do you base your observation that men can beat their wives and not get df'd? thanks

orbi

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm wondering, before the Bible was written, was the world such a patriarchal society? Were there ever cultures where a woman was valued, cherished and trusted since we were the ones that carried lives in our wombs? Was that ever looked at with awe like the miracle it is? Was that ever a meaningful and profound thing for anyone besides women? Something to be valued? My son's 16 year old friend yesterday said "Sheeeyit. If I had to go through *that much* pain, I'd never have kids." Hmmm... I thought his observations were pretty much on target.

Country Girl

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Were there ever cultures where a woman was valued, cherished and trusted since we were the ones that carried lives in our wombs?

Yes, many of the Native American tribes do this. My son brought home a book about native women and their culture. In some tribes when a woman was tired of her husband she simply put his things outside her home and essentially they were divorced. Look into the Native American woman and her history. You'll find it very interesting. Not all tribes and natures were the same though.

Here's a brief article about how bewildered settlers in the new world were by the native culture and the relationships between men and women.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

OOOoOOOO... Thanks FHN! Very intellisting!

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit