What Is Your Favorite Drink or Cocktail???

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Smith and Wesson...Kalhua, Vodka and Cream, topped of with a splash of cola - so tasty!

Gin and Tonic

Kat

• Jez
    Jez

Proper English Shandy (like beer and 7-up but not) and Apricot Brandy.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Lately I've enjoyed Oceanspray Ruby Red w/vodka - very cold. Wonderful! I also like Russian coffee, and an ocassional Pina Colada.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

first choice: coffee

second: tonic with a slice of lemon

third: red (sweet) wine (homemaid by a friend - Last week, me and a friend started to make our own wine, following this friends recept) but I accept a good French one like a Medoc too.

gin-orange.

and when I can't get some of these, then I settle for plain water......

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Southern Comfort(from the freezer) or Dr Pepper. Pepsi twist is OK. And of course lots of coffee Dark roast and strong.

• dustyb
    dustyb

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/65641/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/65710/1.ashx

i <3 beer and i <3 liquid hate (jagermeister).

my favorite beer has to be this one czech beer that i can't pronounce, and i just looooooooooove jagermeister.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Alcohol aside, the drink that really rocks my boat is a triple cappucino, light foam, from Bohemian Coffehouse-10,000 times better than that swill those teenagers at Starbucks serve.

HEY! I'm the last of the Great Baristas... and they're losing me in a couple of weeks (they don't know it yet.)

I'm with Flyin' - a White russian with really good vodka is the perfect relaxer. My partying drink is a tanqueray and tonic.

CZAR

• dustyb
    dustyb

well, a good non-alcoholic drink is chocolate milk, mmmmmmm...let it sit out for about 2 days and it'll taste just right =/

• Rubens
    Rubens

A bit off topic, but reading Johnny Walker reminded me of something I was trying to get some information on.

I remember reading a while ago, when I was younger and didn't really care much about the extreme controversy, that the Witnesses published an Awake magazine that actually used the artwork from a Johnny Walker ad on the front cover.

I remember seeing the ad too, somewhere... don't recall where, but most likely the Internet. In a nutshell, the Witnesses ended up getting sued because they claimed it was their own when it was very clearly stolen from Johnny Walker.

Apparently what ended up happening was the actually magazine used the stolen Johnny Walker graphics, but the bound volume had a completely different Awake cover. I'd like to somehow bring this up by saying, "I was doing some research. Oringally I was looking at the magazine, but later on pulled it up in the bound volume and found it had a totally different cover. Why is this?" To see what answer I get.

The problem is, I can't get the original magazine, which used the Johnny Walker ad. My understanding is it was from the late 70's or sometime in the 80's. Has anyone come across this?

Thanks,

Rubens

• Open mind
    Open mind

Good Champagne.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit