"Live life each day to the fullest" - What does it mean to you?

by gumby 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

the zen way is to realize that there is never any moment but now... sure now used to look different, and will look different as its elements keep changing relationships, but those relationships are always existing just now.

by accepting that the past is just a memory, dead and unable to change, and the future is just a best guess, we live now, making our gambles with our best skills so as to have no cause for regrets, we accept the consequences of our gambles and keep our minds free of false certainties by challenging any beliefs that minds can invent so as to see what ever options that resultant clarity affords.

every single one of us is always sharing the very same now...the eternal present moment, why fight it? why not embrace it and ride the wave of ever increasing novelty?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Ozzie,

Shiraz, ain't that a village in Iran?

carmel

• Brummie
    Brummie

It means dont live an empty life.

There, sorted.

next question?

• blondie
    blondie

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today is a gift. That's why it's called 'the present'. (Loretta LaRoche)

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hey Gumbro

Living life to the fullest, I have come to think it means not putting off till tomorrow what you can do today. Similar to Mulan and Zen in that we live a fuller life if we realize our hopes and dreams now instead of putting life on hold for paradise to correct our problems and fulfill our dreams.

I'll learn how to play guitar in paradise...I'll learn a second language in paradise.... I'll see the world in paradise...I'll have children in paradise... I'll get married in paradise...I'm sure gumbro that you and I even said similar things.

I suppose as well the term means something very different to people in Sudan where staying alive and protecting your family is a daily goal.

Tell the people you care about sooner not later, fullfill your dreams sooner not later....sometimes later never comes.

Don't forget to take your metamucile today so that you can live life to it's fullest tomorrow...Gumbowls

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Get up in the morning and pet the dogs, enjoying the wagging of their tails. Wake the children and feel warm sleepy arms around my neck. Thrill to the word "Mommy," spoken with complete love and trust. Watch the sun rise even though the fact that it's a beautiful intense orange ball means another Level Red ozone day. Go to work because that helps pay for the things that matter. Come home and enjoy the company of husband, children and dogs. Watch the sun set and the sky turn colors of pink, orange, purple, and dusky grey. Go outside last thing at night and look at the big Texas sky glittering with stars and perhaps the moon out, feeling a soft breeze. Snuggle up with husband/best friend as the day ends and count my many, many blessings.

Never ever be too busy to stop what you're doing and look around and really SEE your loved ones, the scenery, the animals -- LIFE.

Of course, a good shiraz doesn't hurt either.

Nina

• gumby
    gumby

Nina.... that was cute and very special.

Shotgun,

Nice post bud. I think you covered how I feel....so maybe you answered it for me. I knew I liked you for a reason ya sick bas....bast.....basta....bastar.....bastard!

By the way...get on the 'fest' thread and answer me arse! I'll call you tonight....K?

Gumby

• Golf
    Golf

Taking advantage of the good things that come our way.

Guest 77

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

it means waking up in the morning, looking out of the window, seeing the rain fall, pulling quilt back over my head and going back to sleep lol.

• gumby
    gumby
    Taking advantage of the good things that come our way.

Guest 77

Such as??????????

Pleasuredome's just a lazy bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit