"Live life each day to the fullest" - What does it mean to you?

by gumby 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

First off...SS inspired me to write this. I don't think he'll mind me saying this cuz I'm patting him on the back for it.

In a PM he said " Live life each day to the fullest...what do ya thing Gumby"?

I didn't know how to answer him. I didn't know if he meant to live each day as though it was your last, or to live each day the best you can and get all out of that day you can for the good, or just do the normal routine of everyday living....or what.???? I think I wrote him back saying I didn't know what that meant and I chose the latter of my said choices above in italics.

Anyway...he's a good lad and made me think, .....but I still don't know what it means.

Please tell the Gumbastard the meaning of what it means to" Live life to the fullest".

And thanks SS ....ya barstard

Gumby

• hubert
    hubert

It means to "top off my mug".

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((Gumby)))

To me it means that instead of just going through the motions of the day- to experience it all. To get the most out of it.

It reminds me of a time I was up north- in what is considered "God's Country" here in Wisconsin- Minocqua. The sky is so clear at night you can watch satellites on their path and the stars are so brilliant it's amazing they are the same ones I see at home. It's awesome.

So, my family is walking into this restaurant and I've been walking through the parking lot looking up at the stars- sooo bright in that sky. As we were walking in, a group about our size was walking out and I said to them "The sky is beautiful tonight" Out of about 10 people only 2 even looked up. What did that mean? It might not have meant anything at all. But this is a vacation area where many families spend a week every year.

Maybe those in the group didn't have an interest or a care. Maybe they lived there and were accustomed to the sky and how beautiful it was. I dunno. But I've marveled at the number of people who walk around not seeing anything except that which is right in front of them on their destination. Meanwhile, there are some of us who are looking up and down (there are cool rocks there !! ) and noticing all kinds of things. Or meeting people and wondering about their life after the conversation is over. To me, that is living each day to the fullest. But that's just me and I'm kinda weird

XW

• gumby
    gumby
    I've marveled at the number of people who walk around not seeing anything except that which is right in front of them on their destination. Meanwhile, there are some of us who are looking up and down (there are cool rocks there !! ) and noticing all kinds of things.
    Or meeting people and wondering about their life after the conversation is over. To me, that is living each day to the fullest. But that's just me and I'm kinda weird

I have a friend who wouldn't notice an Eagle swooping up a fish 10 feet in front of him....he just looks for home base.

Guess I'm kinda weird too....I see life as you do.

Gumby

• FairMind
    FairMind

Living life to its' fullest to me means many things. My focal point is that there is a God who loves mankind and that his reminders are for my current and everlasting benefit. So, I try to live my life in harmony with his will as "I" understand it. We have been given much, look at the wonders of creation and look at how wonderfully we are made.

Living life to its' fullest means allways striving to do my best; at my job, with my family, etc. It means enjoying the marvels of the great out-of-doors through regular participation in physical activities such as hiking, biking, running, etc. It means helping those I love attain their goals. It also means giving some of myself to help those in my community who are less fortunate than I am.

I love life and I love the freedom to enjoy it in ways that bring me happiness and that I feel are in harmony with God's will.

FM

• gumby
    gumby

FairMind,

Living life to its' fullest means allways striving to do my best; at my job, with my family, etc. It means enjoying the marvels of the great out-of-doors through regular participation in physical activities such as hiking, biking, running, etc. It means helping those I love attain their goals. It also means giving some of myself to help those in my community who are less fortunate than I am.

I love life and I love the freedom to enjoy it in ways that bring me happiness and that I feel are in harmony with God's will.

Nice to see you enjoying life FairMind.

Whether you feel it is "gods will" to do the above, or whether your a non-believer and practice the above because it makes good sense, the results are a good thing either way.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

I live by that motto. Rather than negatively look at everything in life, I'd rather look at the day I wake on and begin to enjoy it as much as I can. Rather than letting people get me down, I prefer to take charge of things personally. Tommorrow, I could die. Today, I want to enjoy my life to the fullest! Life is way too short to always be bothered by inconsequential things, especially in the long run. When I see people always angry, always lashing out----always seemingly unhappy-----I'm glad I'm not like that!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Please tell the Gumbastard the meaning of what it means to" Live life to the fullest".

You must have a real sad life, Gumbunctious, if you're stumped on that one!

Ya know what the likes of LT and I would tell ya but look, there's nothing better than real freedom and.........

a shiraz!!!!!

Try it sometime, eh?

Cheers, and more cheers, Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

Silly ol' Ozzmeister.....Shiraz only makes you THINK life is good ......until it wears off. When it wears off.....you feel like the Gumbastard!

The secret is......never let the Shiraz buzz ever wear off, and you'll be a happy camper!

Gumby

• Xena
    Xena

I guess for me it's making the most of every day, because once it's gone you can never get it back. Life is like an hour glass and once the sand is gone....it's over, so enjoy every grain you can. Somedays it's easier than others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit