"Live life each day to the fullest" - What does it mean to you?

by gumby 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lawrence
    lawrence

I try to wake up and know that today is going to be the best day of my life, and then it's up to me to make it that way. I once heard Jorma (Jefferson Airplane) play "the sun gonna shine in my backyard someday." I heard that song many years, but that night, I realized it was time to end the depressions and self pity and let the sun shine in. What a beautiful day today is!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Eat. Drink. Man. Woman.

• gumby
    gumby

Maybe the "Let us Eat, Drink, and be Merry" slogan is the ticket!

Who the heck wants to die while thirsty or with an empty stomach anyways?

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

until it wears off. When it wears off.....you feel like the Gumbastard!

Nah, you're wrong you old Gumbastard 'cos Oz will never run out of shiraz.

We come from a land downunder.....

• gumby
    gumby

We come from a land downunder.....

What's in 'under' anyways.....I've never known?

Gumby......who's off to work .......AGAIN!

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes, Gumby,,,,

I agree with your "eat, drink and be merry...." statement.

The sad fact is that we are here for such a short period of time.

At 48 years old I can look back and see the "wreckage" of my life during the JW years. I look at the glowing years afterward; and the stability and happiness which I worked hard to obtain. I look forward and can see "the light at the end of the tunnel". 30 or 35 years will pass quickly. I plan to enjoy them.

But who knows what may happen?......so, lets have a drink and have fun! Yes, each day at a time can be appreciated for what it is---a gift.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Gumby......who's off to work .......AGAIN!

Coward!

Ozzie

Blessed are the bewildered - for they won't notice!

• Mulan
    Mulan

To me it means we need to realize and believe, that this is the real life, not something abstract coming later on.

So, live today and enjoy it. Plan for the future, but enjoy each day of life now, and quit planning for a "future paradise".............unless you plan to retire in Hawaii.

• Panda
    Panda

I'd like to know how it is possible to live each day to the fullest? How do you know what the fullest is? One day it's what you think is the fullest, next day it's more full; so the fullest is undetermined. I think that love is important. When somebody loves you and you love them (I'm not talking stalkers here) that might fill a person up with joy and all that.

Also, isn't "Livelife each day to the fullest" one of those things people say when they want the conversation to end to get away from you?

• poppers
    poppers

To me it means to live life fully present with what is, consciously rather than unconsciously, even when the seeming 'bad stuff' shows up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit