Rutherford Wore This!

by VM44 17 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Farkel,

"from bowl cancer."

love these older threads, so glad they are still around!

• agonus
    agonus

My suspicions have been confirmed. Rutherford was indeed a replicant...

• Joliette
    Joliette

WTF?

• cantleave
    cantleave

This thread is a keeper!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks for a good laugh.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I'm guessing that VM meant "bowel cancer", which would be the same as rectal cancer, wouldn't it?

• Terry
    Terry

I think there is a larger issue than the naive nature of crackpot claims.

Modern Medicine and Science are relatively young.

Robert Koch was the first scientist to devise a series of tests used to assess the germ theory of disease. [ 1 ] Koch's Postulates were published in 1890, and derived from his work demonstrating that anthrax was caused by the bacteriumBacillus anthracis. These postulates are still used today to help determine if a newly discovered disease is caused by a microorganism.

Getting people to accept the idea of germs was a huge hurdle. Little creatures that we can't see live inside of us and can make us sick?

GERM THEORY was treated with the same scoffing skepticism as Evolution Theory!

Secondly, there was no FDA or law prohibiting wild and unsubstantiated claims on the part of manufacturers.

Not that the FDA is at all effective in policing its regulations!

But, back on topic...

Skepticism cuts both ways when you don't have all the facts.

Rutherford and his buddies were like-minded in being against common sense things and 100% accepting of weirdness and tomfoolery.

Worst still, they were unashamedly eager to share their ignorance with an air of confirmed Authority.

We laugh now, but, how many people wear copper braclets today? How many have magnets in their insoles?

How many go to chiropracters?

Don't get me started.

For every lunatic idea, treatment and contraptions we can make fun of each of us has something we strongly believe with absolutely NO BASIS IN SCIENCE beyond word-of-mouth affirmations.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Funny stuff looks like the conman got conned.

Double ironic when its realised that a conniving corrupt asshole got asshole cancer ( Pardon my French )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit