SHOW DOWN TODAY

by Corvin 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

Anger is a by-product of fear

You said it sister. And it is also a secondary emotion to hurt and other such emotions. It is not too far out of the ordinary for a person to turn their anger/outrage into a controlled and slow-burning fuel to get things done. Fear? Yes, indeed, I fear. I fear that if I fail, things will not go well for my kids.

PS how the heck do you change colours? I hit the colour key and everything changes to red and I didn't want to flame anyone.

LOL, I type my post in Word and do the colorizing there, then I copy and paste it into the box-thingy.

At the risk of incurring your wrath again, I will suggest that you have a "operations plan" if things don't go completely in your favor.

An "operations plan"? Not familiar with the term. Is it clinical or a legal term?

When I went to court, I was only asking for sole custody and for reasonable supervised visitation until things get straightened out. The judge is already familiar with the case and it was his call to order "no contact". It even surprised me

. I think he already knows what he is going to order, and I think he is just crossing all of his t?s and dotting all of his I?s and making sure it all gets put through the proper procedures before he makes his ruling. No judiciary likes to have his decisions appealed or overturned. I trust him. He knows what?s going on. I don?t know what his experience is with JW?s but something tells me that he knows all too well, and therefore ordered "no contact".

Also, I do not doubt that everyone who cared enough to respond cares about me and my kids, and thank you to all. It is not my intention to insult. I am a sarcastic by nature and my tone, at least in my head, it more "matter of fact" than "angry", really.

Corvin

• Gadget
    Gadget

I hope everything works out for you Corvin.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Corvin, I too send all my positive thoughts and prayers in your situation for a positive outcome and complete vindication. I too was one of those concerned about the language you were using to describe the situation, however having read that this is your vent vehicle and that its kept here for that purpose and doesn't go further, I say YOU GO! Everyone needs a safe place to vent. All of us here have had that need at some point in my life. It is, really difficult for someone reading the written word, to get inflections of meaning and intent, and so its a bit more difficult for some others to understand that it IS a vent. Now that we know, carry on.

((((huggs))))) dude!

Sherry

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Corvin,

I am hopeful, in your case, since your Judge has already ruled favorably for you...this will indicate his leanings in the future. I actually went thru a very nasty divorce, that in some ways mirrored yours. That long event was and is the hardest thing my family has faced.

Btw, I know Little Toe, he was trying to help. I won't get into y'alls business, tho'. I admire the both of you.

Many Ex-JW's, because of where they just came from, are so afraid to assert themselves and their rights and JW's take advantage of that fear and exploit it. They count on it expecially in custody cases.

This is very true. My JW, X would say and do anything to destroy me and my reputation at the cost of our children, too, if it 'benefit' her. There were many times my lawyer would tell me...we're going to say back the same false accusations -- to her. Everything was going to be tit-for-tat, I said, "No!, she can tell all the lies, I'll take the High Road." She 'won'. I really believed she would 'get in trouble' with the KH over her lies, but, I was the one that wasn't going to meetings, so the Elders told me "...that made me look guilty. They did nothing to her.

What kind of a moron do you I am to let that kind of an attitude be felt by any of the parties involved in this thing? Do you honestly think I sit in front of the attorney and judge or my kids saying these things?
    F*ck it, I?m taking her out.

One thing I would be especially careful about IS what you may say here, does she know you post on X-JW Internet Boards ? I do understand you are simply venting. When you said the part about "taking her out"...what a field day she and her lawyer could have with that. All I'm saying is... I am 100% behind you, I wish I had fought with the same fervor that you have been doing. Perhaps mine would not have turned out the way it did.
    Just be careful...my friend

And Good Luck !

• Corvin
    Corvin
    One thing I would be especially careful about IS what you may say here, does she know you post on X-JW Internet Boards ? I do understand you are simply venting. When you said the part about "taking her out"...what a field day she and her lawyer could have with that.

LOL, she hasn't the first clue about the internet, let alone an x-jw board. She thinks email is evil and that the little blue "e" icon on her desktop is just for decoration. She has an attorney and he is worthless and incompetent enough as it is (I kicked his arse in court last time, me, without any legal representation- pro per- as it were) but neither one of us get to have legal representation in this custody case. The only ones that get a lawyer in this instance are the kids. He told the kids that they are his boss and it is his job to do what they tell him to. I can't tell you how empowered that makes them all feel. I can't tell you how their mother is about to get the crap stomped out of her in court.

God, I have so much to say, now . . . even more than usual. Nancy is home and we have had the most amazing discussion. I will write more later.

Corvin

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Good Luck

And remember, even if it doesn't turn out the way you hope, time can heal, too. Now, I have a very good relationship with my oldest child and I really believe as the others get older and more mature...they too will begin to question their Moms' words and actions. Two of 3 do not attend meetings anymore, the other moved out of her Mothers' the day after she turned 18. I think her days a the Kingdom Hall are numbered.

The only thing I could do...was to make sure they always knew I loved them and I was always available to help.

In my case, it took years, but real truth has a way of emerging...eventually.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

corvin' the only good defense4 with a jw , is a stronger orfense spelling? you have to show these zombie NO QUARTER. or you will lose. many here can't see how to handle jw's but i understand i do it all the time . it's so easy to make liars out of them etc. and make them stumble, the questions is who's watching you blow them out . an elder an other jw ? NO . IT'S VERY INTELLEGENT PEOPLE . who have real world reasoning abilities. why do you think 99.9% of the public slam the door on jw's. they can see right through the bullshit. i'm sure the judge wears knee high boots, to walk tho all the bull he has heard. if some welfare mother of 12 kids can see tho the wt , i'm sure the judge can. keep your cool!!! and keep away from the KINgdum hall . for now. till they f-ck with you , at that point i would either bring them into the courts or call them out on a personal level. you are doing great . it's going your way i feel it ... johnny

• Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit