Crisis Of Conscience - What Did The Society Say?

by dh 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

My mother told me that the reason Ray Franz was disfellowshipped was that he had become a 'Pentescostal' and 'those people are always out to get the Witnesses.'

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen
    I also wondered if anyone knew which Society publications were actually written by Ray Franz.

I recently went through our old society junk, took and inventory, and now am deciding what to do with it. I ran across a page on FreeMinds, Inc. on used prices.

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/booksale.htm

I was suprised to see that we have two on his list that were 'written by an "apostate"'. 'The Commentary on the Letter of James', and 'Choosing the Best Way of Life' . I take it that the apostate in question is none other than Ray Franz.

ps-no wonder pioneer sis-in-law tossed 'em in the trash.

One man gathers what another man spills ~ Robert Hunter St. Stephen

• ThisGuy04
    ThisGuy04

AlanF,

I'd love to have a look at that list of about ten questions you had

• FallGirl
    FallGirl

SNG & Swan,

GENIUS! Thanks for the laugh!!!

I was introduced to CoC by a now dear friend. I have to admit listening to him explain things initially, I felt for sure that the phone would explode in my ear or we'd be cutoff or something. Then as the days drew closer when I'd recieve it I was very anxious. I remember holding it and thinking I'd be electrocuted or have a stroke...you know something that left me alive enough for the elders to use my dying butt as an example against apostasy! How INCREDIBLY stupid I feel to this day about that stuff!

Atleast I've seen the light!

• blondie
    blondie

No, Ed Dunlap, wrote one of those, former registrar of the School of Gilead. His story is in Ray's book as they were contemporaries at Bethel, although Ed was never on the GB.

1979 book Commentary on the Letter of James?written by missionary instructor Ed Dunlap, according to former Governing Body member Raymond Franz on page 228 of his book Crisis of Conscience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit