How did you get through mind numbing meetings?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

Bull Sh** Bingo is awesome! I'm only pis**d that I didn't think of it!! And Rebel8, girl you rock. We can see why you picked your screen name. 

One thing I noticed during my Borgian days: There is a huge difference between being bored, which I was for most of the years within the cult, and reaching the point where you know it is BS and that the FDS/GB are evil, dark hearted, control freaks. The meetings for me, once I reached this point, became surreal. Every control related comment, and there are always many at any cult meeting, felt like a knife in my brain.

• hoser
    hoser

@cappytan

Then just turned the phone up briefly to see if anyone was disfellowshipped/reinstated or if there were any letters read. 

Bet you'd spit out your coffee if your name was read

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Now we all had those who always sat in the same seats at every meeting. and this irked my son [bless his socks now ] who went around the hall re-arranging the seating positions by taking their books / objects they placed on the seats to "reserve" it and placing them randomly around the hall. Used to cause chaos in the hall come meeting start time ! Remember one night 4 return visits of a certain brother [black African men] came in and sat down in the seats formerly reserved by this one family [white and very racially sensitive] as the seats appeared vacant - cos my boy had moved their stuff - they took the RV's to task for sitting in their place !!!!!!
  • James Brown
    James Brown

When I was a witness, I was going to school to be a court reporter, stenographer.

I would take my machine to the meetings and practice typing every word that was said.

I was able to kill two birds with one stone.

I had to practice until I could write two people talking at 225 words a minute.

It wasn't any more boring than typing jury charges and court testimonies. 

• James Brown
    James Brown

I was born in.

When I was a child I had to go and sit there was no choice.

Then I married a girl from the hall.

And I fell for the Armageddon bull crap.

Once 75 came and went,

I found any reason I could to not go to the meetings.  

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Not "did" but 'do' , since we both attend when sis. Blues is up to it.  I am an inveterate daydreamer...sad really, but it helps to just put your mind elsewhere. Also I sometimes play word games in my mind - trivial word linking of song titles or band names 

Whatever gets you through, I guess..Sometimes I even listen !

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Village Girl, I estimate I was age 11-19 when I did those things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit