How did you get through mind numbing meetings?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper
    I got " through " it by stopping attending altogether . Best way to get " through " it
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I hope one day to stop attending and i believe that day will come. in the meantime I feel like my life during those times is wasting away. Not sure how much longer I can do this favor for my wife. To me now the meetings do more to push me away from "THE TRUTH" than apostate site like this one. The cult tactics, the persecution complex, the unscientific based belief in fairy tails, the unqualified instructors its so bad.  
  • DJS
    DJS

My experience tracks closely to WasAnElder's. For years the meetings bored me. I jumped in with all fours when I began 'reaching out.' Once I became disillusioned with the Dark Lords and their draconian control the meetings were agony. Unless I had a part I started arriving just on time, leaving early or as soon as it was over, walking around or observing others - anything to pass the time. And with each passing month the Dark Lords made the meetings more canned and scripted. And boring. I understand it is even worse now.

Just shoot me.

• blondie
    blondie

Sit in the mother's room (few babies at the KH) in the recliner, turn off sound.  When other sisters came in, they never turned on the sound.

Stay home due my chronic severe illness, call in on phone, turn down sound and go do other things at home. 

• cappytan
    cappytan
    call in on phone, turn down sound and go do other things at home. 

Haha! I've called in on phone, turned down the volume and then watched DVR'd Game of Thrones. Then just turned the phone up briefly to see if anyone was disfellowshipped/reinstated or if there were any letters read. Then, turn it back down and finish Game of Thrones.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I would sleep through the meetings, but I'm a snorer. I would get nudge quite often by my mother. When I got older the meetings weren't dull to me. I actually believed it was The Truth. I took it seriously until 1995.

Attending a meeting now would be so easy. Take your tablet and hide in the back playing games. Being a witness is so easy now.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    I text an awake friend.  Kept me sane tonight.  (if you're reading this,  c'mon sign up dude!) 
  • tidalblitz
    tidalblitz
    I have a one year old. My time during the meetings is spent outside walking around the parking lot.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    I text an awake friend.  Kept me sane tonight.  (if you're reading this,  c'mon sign up dude!) 

Awake in your congregation?

I wish I had an Awake friend in my cong.

• minimus
    minimus
    Great comments!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit