Kneel before me, for I am a god !

by Simon 34 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

good show, simon

I suspect you saved yourself some change; until the next time it breaks down--and you will be EXPECTED to fix it.

In my house; with three kids ( and every kid has a friend over!); the laundry runs 2 times a day---the dishwasher runs just as much.

The appliances have all been replaced since I have been here. I am a firm believer in the fact that you cannot do everything--and you should try to know what you CAN and CANNOT fix.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Smashing Simon **said with my best brit accent**

At first I thought you were sharing a pick up line

• Simon
    Simon
    20 quid a month pays for all my gas and electric appliances to be fixed. If they can't fix it they give me new one.

Hey, so I'm saving myself £240 a year ! I should be allowed to spend that on computer bits I think

At first I thought you were sharing a pick up line

he he he - that's a whole different thread

It was really a cross between the Superman villain "Kneel before me son of Durell" and the James Bond villain "I am invincible". When I do a particularly clever bit of coding and get something working after weeks or even months of (occasionaly hard) work I have been known to pronounce that I am "a programming god" (sad, I know, but you have to say something to celebrate !)

• Mulan
    Mulan
    The appliances have all been replaced since I have been here.

I hear you. We have had to replace nearly all our appliances in the past two years, including the furnace. The only one we haven't had to replace is the downstairs range. (we have two kitchens in our house..................parents used to live here, and before that, Princess and Steve)

Now, that was an investment.................a costly one.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh My God Simon

I've been doing that stuff for years. Does that make me a Goddess????

Congrats on your repair job. Better invest in a good home repair book. Reader's Digest has a pretty good one for all those repairs like that.

I got started on this after paying some guy $50 to come to the house to unscrew the back and replace the fuse in the microwave. Grrrr Got myself the book. Bought the fuses and have done it myself ever since. I WILL NOT pay some guy 50 for a screw job

• Special K
    Special K

Good job, Simon.

My hubby is a super handy man and has resurrected all our appliances several or more times.

He's the kind of guy who saves our household a lot of dollars.

Ladylee

I WILL NOT pay some guy 50 for a screw job

you are hilarious today, Lee. hahahaha

Special K

• Simon
    Simon
    Reader's Digest has a pretty good one for all those repairs like that

Yes, I have an old Readers Digest book of DIY.

I WILL NOT pay some guy 50 for a screw job

Yes, erm ... "no comment"

• Mulan
    Mulan

When I buy new appliances, I usually buy the maintainence contract. Not expensive and has saved me big bucks in the long run. They had to replace the ice maker twice in my old frig, and the main engine (can't remember what that's called). And they come out once a year to give them a check up free.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    and the dial just wizzed roound - I didn't even bother asking Angharad if it was meant to do that.

OMG!!! (gasping and holding my stomach from laughing sooooo hard!)

Thank you, Simon........I needed a good laugh today.............and I got a bonus in that I also cried after laughing so much!

• searcher
    searcher

BTW Simon, from now on, be prepared to often hear the words....

"All I did was turn it on, and............."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit