Kneel before me, for I am a god !

by Simon 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

what u gona do with the spare sock simon?

every washing machine seems to have a 'houdini' sock in it somewhere. how do they get out of the barrel?

• Aaac
    Aaac

What's the big deal? My gf fixed a washing machine. OK she's an engineer

I wouldn't touch a thing.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    20 quid a month pays for all my gas and electric appliances to be fixed. If they can't fix it they give me new one.

I guess that's ok if that's the service you want, but I am a bit like Simon - I'll try to fix it myself. My washing machine lasted for 10 years then I had to replace the motor brushes - 5 minute job - then the pecker unit (detects if the drum is turning) 15 minute job, but then the pump and suspension arms went, so I got rid of it. In fact, that's what annoys me - things not built to last.

I am a great believer in buying quality that lasts, there is so much crap sold these days - whatever happened to buying things which last a lifetime? 3 piece suites which require you to take a mortgage out but last 6 years? What a bloody waste!!!

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I'm the same - I think it's genetic.

My grandad never threw anything away and always adapted things - he 'converted' his sofa into an armchair rather than buy one. He'd spend hours fixing watches and all sorts - basically anything that broke.

What he put together didn't always look pretty ... but it always worked.

• Panda
    Panda

My Dad always used duct tape to fix everything from light fixtures to ceilings to plumbing to front doors to refrigerator doors to hoses YNI and duct tape was sure to appear. I'm just sorry he has missed the duct tape revolution --- new colors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit