I can't believe I am doing this again

by Mulan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

Your home must smell Plum-DELICIOUS

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Jez

Any chance of getting your salsa recipe? You can't get a decent salsa here in Europe. I don't have a garden but even if I make my own with vegetables from the store I'd still be better off than I am now.

• patio34
    patio34

There, there, Mulan. Good job you're doing and it must give you a lot of satisfaction. Just think of all the calories you're burning up too!

Pat

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

I wish my wife would can the bushels of tomatos. At work I'm called the tomato man. I always plant too much. They make nice targets, though.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Just think of all the calories you're burning up too!

Yes, I thought of that too. It was very satisfying, and looking at all those jars lined up looks pretty good too.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Mulan!

I hear ya about the "purple" kitchen! We had acres of huge blackberry bushes on our property in WVa and I made like I mentioned before-jam, jelly, wine and canned blackberries in syrup and EVERYTHING was covered and stained with it.

We had a gigantic mulberry tree, two cherry trees, a courant bush, two apple trees, and we also got pokeweeds (our old WVa neighbors went "hunting every year and we went along with them) and we harvested something called "ramps" that were a cross between a strong onion and garlic. THIS was all "just for the pickin" in and around all the woods and hills surrounding us.

The pokeweeds were cut up rather like celery and my kids called them green Cheerios! Anyone remember "Poke Salad Annie"? LOL!

I too, had all five kids home when I canned, but I never (aux) pioneered in real warm or cold weather---call me a Fair-weather aux. pioneer! Spring and Fall and that was all (smile).

Anyhoo---my hat is definetly OFF to you, Mulan!

hugs,

Annie

• Simon
    Simon
    A lorry (aka in US as Truck) spilled it's load of fruit on the M6 earlier today. - I bet it caused a bit of a jam!!!

he he he - that was terrible !!

• alias
    alias

Mulan,

My mom used to can fruits and vegetables too. Thinking about all the Mason jars lining the counters and all of the other stuff in the kitchen brings back some cozy memories. Canning is a lost art.

If I had one wish, I'd love to spend a weekend canning with my Mom and catching up on a lifetime of lost stuff due to JWism and family dysfunction.

Glad your canning turned out. See, you CAN do it! :)

alias

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit