WHAT IF WE DIDN'T POISON CHILDREN'S MINDS WITH FANTASY?

by Terry 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    All I know is that Lovie mandated no consumption of either cheese or brats

Isn't "Lovie" what Thurston Howell III called his wife on Gilligan's Island? Ironic

• Mac
    Mac

Always grounded in reality....I'd like to point out that that man was actualy Mr. McGoo...thus totally invalidating your inuendo and thus rendering your argument impotent at best.......

mac, Backus attack us class

*edited to correct...Magoo..i got this Mc thing that is second nature..lol

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    *edited to correct...Magoo..i got this Mc thing that is second nature..lol

Road hog!

• Mac
    Mac

That could have been W.C. Fields in "If I Had A Million" too ya know?

mac

• Mac
    Mac

Ah, McMillan..you've done it again..chuckle. *Bumps into wall*

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Children learn to be adults through play. When they play they pretend. They pretend to be adults. To do that they have to engage in fantasy. Take fantasy away from children and you take away their play. Take away all of their play and well, that's just another kind of abuse.

• Mac
    Mac

*Mac....mustering the courage to admit he's wearing his Mighty Mouse outfit at this very minute!*

mac,( here I come to save the day...hang on Mini!!)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

*Mac....mustering the courage to admit he's wearing his Mighty Mouse outfit at this very minute!*

mac,( here I come to save the day...hang on Mini!!)
    The one your pappa bought you when you were four and a half and it still fits.

• Mac
    Mac

Yeppers..that would be the one!!!

mac, (but, I bought it my own damn self with my lemonade stand money..daddy never liked tights!)

• shotgun
    shotgun

Very interesting thread

I was raised from infancy to believe the WT fantasies as truth, unquestionable truth. It's been a hard pill to swallow learning the real truth and I echo what teejay said in regards to how I feel about my eventual death. I'm still glad I know the truth and only wished I had known it sooner.

Terry... I agree in part with what you have said but think the difference lies in the severity of the deception. Christmas and the like must be more fantastic to children who do truly believe these things are possible. A story or fantasy comes to life when you believe it could be true, otherwise its just a story.

Your children may enjoy christmas but it sounds like they are looking at it through grown up eyes and not childrens wide eyes...

In many ways I'm not qualified to comment on this thread as I have never celebrated Christmas and my young daughter already believesSatan and Santa are one...which seems a worse lie to me.

I liked Xena's comment, billions have been taught about old St Nick without lifelong scars...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit