Should Anything Exist????Says Who???Should Nothing Exist?? Says Who?

by frankiespeakin 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kls
    kls

Frankie, you said,,,,, I know I don't know, How do you know you don't know ? Maybe you do Know but don't know you do.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

P.S.

They exist. I visited the leper colony at Carville, Louisiana once and saw some there. I also read about them. They weren't a figment of my imagination.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Kenn,

They exist. I visited the leper colony at Carville, Louisiana once and saw some there. I also read about them. They weren't a figment of my imagination.

So I take it your sense of sight has seen them,,your sense of hearing heard them,,you may have even smelled them,,and I take it your sense of touch didn't touch one,,nor did your sense of taste taste one. And so 3 of your 5 senses has sensed them and that is proof enough for you to declare an open and shut case. To you they definately exist no more proof needed.

Kls,

I did? Well I You need the context:

I don't even know if I exist,,I could be nothing but thought that thinks it's a real person,,and I would never know. When I die everything material will go out existence when I loose consciousness if that is possible I don't even know that for sure,,I know I don't know,,and this has to be correct but then again I don't know.

Basically what I'm saying as simply as I can is "I really don't know if I exist or what I really am".

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the labor and delivery of my first child convinced me i exsisted. OWOWOWOWOWOWOW

and i had 3 reminders after that.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Candidly,

So are you saying the ability to experience pain is proof of existence??

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

ok,,, who's to say one way or the other whether anything should exist?? Any takers.

So perhaps everything that is,, is as it should be,,but we don't have any way of knowing what should and shouldn't be.

• dh
    dh

i have two views because there are two scenarios that could call one to use the word 'should'

god: if the universe and everything was created by a god, or a supreme being, i think we should not exist.

the reason i think this is because that being created us without first asking our permission, which it obviously couldn't do. i think that taking 'nothing' and giving it all the dependencies we humans have, and not giving them the very best we are able to, creating them for the indulgence of one being... i think of that as the first act of immorality. that to me is the original sin and everything else is an after thought.

if everything was created by a supreme being, then we are nothing more objects of self indulgence, we are pinocchio.

from nothing: if the universe and everything evolved from a point of nothingness, in some way that i don't understand, then i think we should exist, because if there was no conscious selfish decision made to bring us into being and suffering and if it was a natural occurance, then it's the way it's meant to be.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

kls

LMAO. You are really cracking me up on this thread.

Frankie

I'm not sure what you mean by "should". We can't be sure we exist. But whether we do or not, what's "should" got to do with it? If someone created us, then he-she-it would make the decision by letting us live or wiping us out. So as long as we're here, he-she-it thinks we "should" be here.

And if no one created us, then there isn't anybody in a position to say we should be here or not, we just are (or not, as the case may be).

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Things exist. Something wanted us to exist. Otherwise we wouldn't exist.

If there had been no turbulance, it would have stayed isotropic (the same in every direction), and there would be nothing. This doesn't work because if there was nothing, there could not be something to disturb nothing. Some one or something disturbed/messed w the primordial filament,

Okay, if there was nothing, then there could not be something to mess with the primordial filament. Nothing can come out of nothing. 0 times 0 is still 0.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

In the beginning was the Word.

And the Word was No.

From it every word and thing came to be, as light over against darkness: "should" and "exist", "nothing" and "anything".

-- Thus spake Narkissos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit