My son bought a Motorcycle and i am so scared.

by kls 38 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Not just any Motorcycle but a Crouch Rocket and it is making sick to my stomach and i am so scared. He called so many insurance agency's and most won't even insure him because of the kind of bike it is. I hear so many people killed on bikes and it terrifies me . I tried to talk him out of it but he would not listen and say's he will be fine and that i worry to much.

Am i worrying to much or are my fears justified?

• Special K
    Special K

This is a tough one KLS

(((KLS)))

Special K

• desib77
    desib77

(((kls)))

Please encourage him to wear a helmet. I know in some states it is not a law but in my opinion it can be lifesaving.

• desib77
    desib77

Here is the website to the motorcycle safety foundation. Maybe you could get him to take a look at the safety tips or print them out for him.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I would be also.

• kls
    kls

Thanks Desi for the link i will have him look at it. The state of Wisconsin does not require helmets . He says he will wear one but all it takes is one time for him not to.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I was a biker, until one day... well tell him to wear a full-face helmet and wear moto-cross armour below his jacket:

• kls
    kls

Gerard that would be great if he would but i know he won't. The only bike he has ridden is a dirt bike never on the street with cars. Damn i wish he was younger and living at home i would forbid it. Wow !! did i say i wished he lived at home? I must be depressed.

• dh
    dh

i wouldn't worry, if you trust his judgement in day to day life, driving cars and things, i think he will be fine. most of the time on bikes it's the car drivers who are a threat to you, but on a bike it becomes nature to always be aware of them. i have had some bikes and i think if you have your head screwed on (a bit) there is nothing to stress over, after all, nobdoy buys a bike wanting to kill themself, so naturally he will have thought about it and will be careful.

• kls
    kls

Just last night a man hit a deer and was run over by two cars and killed. Then this morning a motorcyclist was killed when a car turned in front of him and hit the side if the car and was killed. I know i will be aware of every cycle crash that happens.Know how or not it only takes one mistake from the cyclist or a car.

dh , i love your Avatar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit