How To Personally Defeat the Watchtower, Lurkers!

by metatron 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

So, you wanna "leave the 'truth", huh?

Let's examine the two options:

You Dissassociate yourself - and what happens? A few tears are shed and you are quickly forgotten, a non-entity,

a non-person. You may even help the Watchtower by giving them another enemy for loyal publishers to eagerly shun.

You are cut off, unable to explain your opposition to the organization's corruption.

or , you could fade away, while faking it completely

You tell the elders how depressed you are. "Of course, this is the 'truth", you say.

Yet, because of depression, you miss all the meetings and only put in an hour every few months ( a fake hour, at that!)

What is the outcome here? The elders are burdened with yet another problem, yet another person who can't be

reactivated. The Society's precious statistics are roiled because so much of what they are counting is fake.

You can freely encourage "materialism" and going to college amoung young Witnesses - who are more likely to listen!

In summary, you inflict continuing defeats on the organization by simply being passive- aggressive.

You win

They lose

metatron

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

That is so true. I remember there was a sister in my hall who was aging, and quite ill. Out in FS one rainy day with the BS conductor who was also in charge of service reports, we stopped by to chat with her. She had deteriorated to the point where she only had a few weeks left. She knew it and told us. You know I don't think we were out of the driveway, and he made some comment to the effect that it will be sad to see her go, but the hall's report to the society will be better off. I was only 13 or 14 at the time, but that made me sick.

Kwin

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Met,

Option 2 sounds like a good idea. I wish I could have done it but I was so mad that they lied to me I found it hard not to expose them to my family and friends so I was faced with option #3 Speak out to friends and family and face being DF'd.

I don't know if I would be able to bite my tongue long enough to do option #2. Today maybe I would have been much more craftier,, but knowing my personality I think I would fail because the lies make me sick. If I had a good plan to really screw the WT and had a reasonable expectation of success I think then I could be under cover as mentioned in option #2.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

High Five Good to go mate,in contrast i am the pronounced 'apostate warrior'.

I have no hard feelings toward any of you anonymous "Mighty Moles".

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Friend Of A Friend

The above is a repost at another thread.

EXACTLY! Passive aggressive aka "good cop bad cop routine"

Of course i am the 'bad cop' somebody has to take out the trash.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

"Fading" is what all the smart JW youth are doing. If you were baptized it is your only option. To add to the advice though:

JW will never completely leave you alone, but don't be afraid to humor them when they do come calling. For those just out of the nest of parent control, most of your attention is going to come from mom and dad.

Use this line: "I'm doing everything I can, I know Jehovah understands me." You can say this is complete good faith because the Lord knows these people are nuts.

Oh Danny, I'll be handing you that bag of trash, neatly tied off and labeled. My pleasure.

• metatron
    metatron

I like that response, "I know Jehovah understands me", etc. That's very good.

In more private settings ( non-elders), I've said "God is much more than just the organization"

or words to that effect. Sometimes you can say a lot while still being ambiguous

metatron

• Annanias
    Annanias

Or you could do what my youngest son did: wait until the next public talk, get up in the middle of it, and walk home. No one said anything, did anything. Not even a phone call. But there was still a flurry of brothers and elders that came by to do things for my ex and her tits.

My son is now a Mormon.

• Purza
    Purza

I chose option #2. I believe I have faded successfully. It helps to move away. But even before I faded I was lucky to get more than one hour of FS in a month. I guess I made their record look really bad. Yay!

Purza

• observador
    observador
    ...brothers and elders that came by to do things for my ex and her tits

What the heck are you talking about, my friend? Please elaborate.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Problem is for those of us who have faded... if someone asks a question point blank, you have 3 options:

1, not answer

2, lie

or 3, tell the truth and get df'd.

I don't know if I could do #1 or #2 if someone I cared about asked me outright if it was the "truth." I definitely couldn't play the depression card--they know things are going great for me. And I couldn't lie and say "I know it's the truth" cause I'd choke on it.

If someone from the congregation came sniffing around though, I'd have no problem evading the question, or even putting them on the spot. "Why would you ask me such a question? What are you suggesting? Well, that's not very loving..." LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit