Suggestions for baby names please

by hippikon 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

I have a niece named Graysen, I think it's really a pretty name although I would have spelled it different. They call her Gracie at times. Ran into a little boy with the same name one day, spelled Greyson. That works too.

I named my son Rhys, here in the states no one knows how to pronounce it, they all call him Rise (long i). Drives me crazy but I wasn't about to americanize such a great name and spell it Reese.

If you have a girl she will be your princess...that would be a good name.

Princess

• bwoga
    bwoga

Madison for a girl....or Michaelle (pronounced Mikyle), Jayden....

Kai, Kolby, Kendall..Mateo...all boys names.

• LDH
    LDH

I am leaning towards:

Girl: Emma, Ella, Della etc etc etc.

Boy: not sure yet, although I love Liam, Ralph (that's RAFE to you Merkins, lol)

For sure though, I disagree with Mommie Dark (sorry MD ya know I love you). I LOVE unusual names, as long as they are not too difficult to spell.

My cousin's two sons (Dad is Sudanese) are Ahmed and Omar. My daughter is Eden.

I do think you need to consider heritage when choosing names.

Lisa

(PS did you see my post to you from yesterday HIpp?)

• You Know
    You Know

I think Bible names are good. But many are over used, like John or Mark, Deborah, Mary. Go for some of the lesser used biblical names. I don't know that anyone has ever reused Judas since the time of Christ. So you might think about that. Also Jezebel for a girl would be kinda cool. You could go with a Nimrod or Delilah too. Those names aren't too common. / You Know

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

We we have a new baby girl and just went through this.
    Girl: Beyonce',Brigett, Britiney, Emery, Evone, Sileen, Venus, Isis, Breanna, Xara, Xena, Xevia.

Boy: Aaron, Ace, Chet, Dwyn, Octavius, Owen, Ulric, Jeep, Colin, Spartacus :)

• gotcha
    gotcha

hey hippi..kumusta ka? hope everything's fine..i'm quite busy with school now..but i have an idea..why don't u make the name a lil bit filipino-ish..something like MARCO ANTONIO for a boy ..haven't thought a nice one for a girl but maybe MICAELA would be nice...

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

tim tim timmay!!!!! timmay! ugh ah timmah!

Tim Tim TIMMAY!!!!

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

My boys names are Colton Connor and Ashton. Ashton was going to be used as a girls name too. The spelling would have been Ashtynn.

Tim Tim TIMMAY!!!!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

If a girl name it Fred Hall

If a boy name it Fred Hall

• AGuest
    AGuest

I wanna play! (If I may... thank you... and may you have peace!)

Girl - Madeleine, Olivia, Antionette, Mariah, Tovah, Angel(a)(ina), Mykal (pronounced Michael), JaShar, Tia (my daughter's), Malina...

Boy - George, John, William, Henry, Richard, Jayred, Matthew, Melki (pronounced 'Macai'), Quentin ('cuz you can call him 'Q'), Xavier, Omar, Cuba (hmmmmm, 'Cuba Hippikon, Jr.'... hmmmm...).

Or you could cover your 'ethnic' bases... and call him or her 'Bubba'. That would take care of the white folks AND the black folks, wouldn't it? (Sorry... sorry... sooorrrryyy... okayyyyy... I'm SORRY already...!)

And, of course, there's always 'Hippikon Jr.' (or is there one of those already? What the heck... pull a "George Foreman" and give 'em all the same name [8>]...)

Peace to you!

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit