Suggestions for baby names please

by hippikon 63 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

Hehe Logical
    Wendy or Fred? Are you likening me to the Dark Side?
    wendy Prefers princess Leah

Blind faith can justify anything~Richard Dawkins, The selfish gene

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Sean, Shane, Colin, Jakob are a few boys name I like.

Madeline, Jane, Lily, Emme are some nice simple girl names.

mpatrick

He does not believe who does not live according to his belief.-Thomas Fuller

• logical
    logical

mommy, do not underestimate the power of the dark side. Its not as bad as they made out in the documentaries.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Logical,

Clever pic with the "subliminal" image!

Hippikon,

I like Amy, Marietta, and Emma.

Also, Sean, Nate (Nathan or Nathaniel), and Jared.

Congratulations, btw!
    and I'll miss your posts when you soon become sleep-deprived!

outnfree

• ianao
    ianao

How about Joseph Thomas (JT!!!!!)

-or-

Gabriel Marie

• logical
    logical

Bingo or Patch or Spot or Rover or Darth Sidious are popular names.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

The only suggestion I have is based on personal experience. Don't choose an oddball name. I have one and my oldest son has an even weirder name (thanks to his father). Don't use a strange Bible name either. My middle son is named Isaiah, and he depises it, calls himself Ike. The oldest likes his weird name but it causes awkward moments for him. I have always hated my real name, it's almost always mispronounced and remarked on. Horrible!

Pick nice simple names and spell them in the usual way. Cherryle or Sherrill will always have to correct teachers' spelling of her name, Nanci will always have to say 'i not y' and so on. Pick a name that won't be undignified when your child is old. Imagine the indignity of walking into a Social Security office at age 80:
    "Name please?"
    "Moon Unit Zappa."
    "Excuse me a second"...steps into back room, "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" from behind door...(this happens to my oldest sometimes)

Resist the temptation to make your kid stand out by giving him/her an unusual name. Please.

And once you pick your names, DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE WHO'S EXPECTING! I wanted to name my youngest Alexander Grant, but a girlfriend who was more pregnant liked my choice and stole it.

Just some Mommie advice, hope it gives you some food for thought but remember, it's only worth 2 cents so don't try to make book with it!

"One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name."
    Thomas Mordaunt

• Kent
    Kent

Most people seems to like their own name/handle :)

JanG said:

Boys names
    Marmaduke Alouisous Xavier Farkel Chester Rastus Brucie Maximilien Ozzie Odysseus Ferdinand Ulysses Everhard Alphonse Rastus

Girls names
    Madge Pollyanna Amorette Heloise Crispiana Minerva Daralice Bobo Ermentrude Lycoris Halcyone Zizi Hortencia Willabelle Brynhild

No matter sex, I wouldn't dare to name anyone most of these. For some reason I believe even small children are able to kill anyone for being named like that :)))

Odin is a good Norwegian God. That's a nice name, right? Freja is a Goddess - a Goddess of love. That should be something as well. Then the child should live in a home called Valhall - and everyone would be happy for eternity:))

No matter sex, hippi - congratulations - my wish is you all will be happy when the new family member decides to show up!

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between God and Adolf Hitler is that God is more proficient at genocide."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

For a boy I LOVE the name Merrick, or Hayden

For a girl, I know two little twins named Jaqulin & Kylee I think they're adorable names.

hmmm what about Venice????

Ven
    P.S. Farkle would be great hahahah

• dedalus
    dedalus

A boy: Harrison

A girl: I'll second Mommy with Madison (seems more feminine than masculine to me)

Congratulations on being a Dad (soon)! Foxy and I are expecting in February, and naturally we're hoarding all of the really good names for ourselves.

Dedalus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit