For a girl,

Cassandra, Melinda, Maddison, Angel, Joanne, Michelle, Danita

For a boy

James, David, Peter, Bugsy

BugEye

• Norm
    Norm

This is easy,

If it's a girl call her Norma if a boy call him Norman.

Norm.

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((9hippi)))))))))))))

I vote for Tony and Tina lol. Nice simple names to go thru life with!luv,Tina

• Lindy
    Lindy

A suggestion: if you are overcome and like more names than a first and second, add a second middle name. We did that for our girls. We compromised on the first name and used both of our favorites for the middle names. They actually like it. Each of them at times, has gone by at least one of their middle names in Junior High and High School. Seems like kids going through those years like to be "different" and make up names for themselves and that is what their friends call them. Individualism, and independence, ya know...

Might try some of the old names that aren't used much anymore, so that not every kid in school will have the same name as yours. But not to old or strange. No weird spellings tho', kids hate that!!

Mommie mentioned Bible names. We used the Biblical spelling on two common names and our girls always have to make sure that people get that right. The more popular spellings of the same name are a bit different, although are now becoming much more common. (I always wondered why the Biblical spellings were not the "right" ones to begin with?)

On unusual names, my daughters friend has a 18 month old girl that she named Legend Angelica.

Best wishes with the new baby!

Lindy

• Jang
    Jang

Kent. you didn't take my list of names seriously did you

I wouldn't call a child any of those names either !!!!!!!!

But this is what we called our children and grandchildren before they were born ..... just good fund mate

Meanwhile: Hippi ....

Wait until the baby is a few days old before you make your final choice ..... That first few days lets us observe their personality and energy levels .....

Mary had a few names for her baby but about day 5 she settled on Locklan .... Lockie for short. and he is a real Lockie .... a real boy in all his behaviour ..... could never imagine him being called Daniel or Simon ... just doesn't fit ....

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• Angharad
    Angharad

If one of our kids had been a girl they would have been called 'Emily'

I love the name Zak for a boy, (Simon hates it), so we now have Liam and Dylan.

• open_mind
    open_mind

I like the name Kendal Marie for a Girl and Jared Scott for a boy........

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am a genealogy freak, and in my research have found a nice
    tradition, among my ancestors, that I wish I had known about
    when having my children.

The first boy is named the mother's maiden name. Example: If you are Tom Smith and the mom's name was Linda Baker, the boy's name would be Baker Smith. I love names that sound like last names. It would have worked great with my maiden name.

Of course it doesn't always work. My nephew's wife's maiden name was Knappmiller. Not a good name for a baby, I think.

My husband is Scottish, in origin, and the family name was originally MacGregor. One of our son's gave that to his son, for a middle name.

By the way, Jan. Did you know that the original way to spell Locklin, was Loughlin? I found that out on TV? Great name by the way.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Sarah
    Sarah

Never had to worry about names for boys, I had 3 girls. I get compliments on their names all the time.
    *Alexa
    *Sophie
    *Gracie
    Congrats!!! Sometimes you just have to wait to see the baby before you can put a name to that wonderful little face!!!

Best wishes,
    Sarah

• Jang
    Jang

OK --- serious this time.

ADRIAN means Dark, Rich
    AIDAN meanse Little Fire
    ANDREW means Manly, Courageous
    BRIAN means Strong One
    DREW means courageous; strong; trustworthy
    ETHAN meanse Firm, Strong

ALANA means Fair, Beautiful