Inventors?

by Markfromcali 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

I have three patented inventions. The last one I only paid $35.00, the first two were expensive. I've been to a couple of inventors conventions, its worth going.

My advice to those planning to invent something, sell it!

Guest 77

• seven006
    seven006

Erich,

I made enough.

• Erich
    Erich

seven 006

Congratulations.

I made about 20 inventions. I got 5 patents; Important technologies. Dont ask me more about. I`m not amused somebody discovers my identity on this board, for many reasons.

Got stolen. All.

I made nothing;-(((((

E.

• Golf
    Golf

The many sad and disturbing stories of people inventing things and getting shafted is a crime.

My last invention is in my golf book, I use it when I teach golf. I never promoted the gizmo.

Guest 77

• Erich
    Erich

golf

My advice to those planning to invent something, sell it!

I`m going to change this sentence in a manner as follows:

My advice to those planning to invent something, forget it!

E.

• Golf
    Golf

Erich, yes I agree. But give that adivce to new inventors and it will go in one ear and out the other. I still invent things. I've designed and built my own buildings. I'm self-employed and that helped to defray my costs. Like I said, I've heard of many sad stories. To me, I'm not disappointed, it's been a good lesson. Naturally, if I were to do all over again, I would go a different route.

Guest 77

• seven006
    seven006

Erich,

Sorry to hear that. Depending on the logistics of taking a product from the conceptual stage to the market shelf, there are many places where you can get ripped off. Unfortunately many times the only ones to make money are the lawyers. The laws on copyright, patents, and now intellectual property are all written by lawyers with a strong slant on lawyers making a good majority of the money up front.

Iv given it all up now. I'm tired of the hassle of starting and running companies. Now I have simplified my life and just do my art. It is quite peaceful. Making a tun of money isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Everyone has their hands out and ready to profit from your creativity, stress, loss of time with your family and hard work. For me, it just isn't worth it anymore.

I wish you the best.

Dave

• Erich
    Erich

seven 006

Interestingly, the WTBS never wrote any article about the present patent crisis. Although they had to know, that the new economy crash in 2000 mainly was the result of false patent-evaluation (many IT- start up`s invented high prices for their trivial patent-papers instead of high tech;-)) - and that situation can repeat any time. The international patent system should be reformed urgently. But they do change nothing. Read some articles Stallmann wrote about.

E.

• Joe Bloggs
    Joe Bloggs

NOdenial,

What I would do next time is just make the goddam machine, and spend the 10 grand marketing the idea to the world. Flood the market with your product and make some $$$. Patent it later!

EXTREMELY BAD ADVICE!

Once an invention is in the public domain, IT CANNOT BE PATENTED unless appropriate steps have been followed to file an application.

File an application first.

Joe

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Joe Bloggs...

You are probably right - all things being considered. Patent it first, then market it. Unfortunately, the amount of money it costs to go through the exercise is prohibitive.

I worded my comments poorly. I meant to say if "I" was going to do this all over again, "I" would market "MY" invention first and flood the market. (my invention was of interest to a market base of about 10,000 companies. that isn't a very large market.

That being said... you may wish to examine your market base before spending the money on any inventions.

Good comment Joe.

NO...denial

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit