I went to the assembly today, fun!

by jwbot 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwbot
    jwbot

To the others: you have a point, I will take the pictures out.

And to Valis...I want to know what your problem is, what are you implying about me exactly???

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I see nothing wrong with the pictures. Jwbot is not making accusations, nor is there any controversy. She's sharing a part of her life, and I see nothing wrong with it.

However, if her family objected to their pictures being on the Internet, I think that would be a different matter. But as it is, I'm glad you had fun jwbot at the assembly.

I would rather have my teeth drilled before I walked into one of those things again!

• jwbot
    jwbot

Thanks BigTex, I appreciate the support. :)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I don't think Valis was referring to you jwbot.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Hey, jwbot!

What a beautiful family you have! I'm glad that you had a wonderful time.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((jwbot)))))

I hope you weren't offended by what I said. I'm just coming from the stand point of how I would feel if I was a die hard JW and saw my pictures of me on the assembly program up on an Apostate web site. I think maybe you could have asked your parents if they wanted them posted here is all.

For that matter I don't think I would like my picture posted anywhere on the Internet without my permission, would you?

It's about respecting peoples privacy IMHO.

Have a good evening, and for what its worth I did enjoy the memories of good family times at the assemblies.

Kate

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

JWBot, I think Valis was directing his confusing comments at me, and your situation just happens to be close enough to mine to catch the shrapnel ;). I don't think Valis is so mean that he would really wish for you or I to have a completely destroyed family situation "just because", though you couldn't tell it from reading his file at the SPCA ;)

• teejay
    teejay

I've been known to go to an occasional meeting myself. Last year I went to the Memorial. I was genuinely happy to see some of the old friends I hadn't seen in many years and they seemed genuinely happy to see me. Of course their positive feelings likely had an ulterior side to it, but a smile and a warm hug is a smile and a warm hug. What can I say?

Going to more meetings may be in my future. The other day my daughter asked me out of the blue why I don't go to the meetings with them. I didn't know quite how to answer her.

The point is, I'm sure your folks were delighted to see you. And it seems to me you were just as happy to seen them. And think of all the spiritual nourishment you received. You are one blessed young lady!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

teejay!

• Gadget
    Gadget
    And to Valis...I want to know what your problem is, what are you implying about me exactly???

JWbot, from reading his post above I don't think Valis has any arguement with you, just the opposite. I think his comments were directed to sixxy, he saw his coments as having a go at you and stepped in to defend you, emphasising the difference between just going to the assembly for the sake of it to take pictures(Like what I believe he was refering to in his post to sixxy), and doing something that you must have found hard but wanted to do for the sake of your family relations. I'm glad the day went well for you and you managed to improve some of your relationships with them!

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit