its just me ,,,,

by looking-4-the-truth 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• looking-4-the-truth
    looking-4-the-truth

when I said interpretation ,,,,,, I meant it in general

• shotgun
    shotgun

looking

Thought you were married, you should be able to watch TV, carry a discussion and play with the kids all at the same time.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm not aware of anything in the bible that talks of the Pope or Russia.

Some people say that the Pope (and the papal system, in general) is the anti-Christ.
    Some also say that there will be false prophets arise.

To my knowledge, though, the bible isn't specific about Muhammad, the Pope or Russia.

Most of the biblical arguments seem to be against people saying that Jesus never came. Since Muhammed accepted Jesus (albeit just as a prophet) I don't see him falling into the category of anti-Christ.

Nonetheless, I am interesting in your backgrounds. Were you and your wife raised with your current beliefs?

I was raised as a JW, but left.
    I'm now a Christian (albeit an unorthodox one ).

• looking-4-the-truth
    looking-4-the-truth

thought god gave me only one brain ,,, not so many

and u can finish the conversation If u want

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Hello "looking-4-the-truth"

welcom to this board - feel free to talk to more then just one person (we are here with a whole bunch)

Hope you forgive me, but it sounded rather strange when you said that we (or your brother Little Toe) do have an interpretation of the Prophet Mohammad in "our" bible.

The bible's last prophet according to the Koran is Jezus of Isai.

In biblical times they probably should say that Mohammad is Science Fiction.

• looking-4-the-truth
    looking-4-the-truth

I'm really glad to talk to a good person like you " little toe " and " country woman too " .

my question is ,,,, what is prophecy?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There are two versions, both involving a "forth-telling".

One is telling of future things revealed by God, but the more often seen version is telling out things previously revealed by God. For example, "turn from your human ways and return to Him".

So, tell us about your family

• looking-4-the-truth
    looking-4-the-truth

thankx god ,,,,,, me and my wife having a happy life ,,,,,,,,, we've been married for a year thu ,,,,,,,, anyways, If u open up the Deuteronomy, chapter 18 , verse 18

you will read

" I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and shall speak unto them all that I shall command him, "

now ,, to thom does this prophecy refer?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It depends on who you ask.

The comments were directed at the tribes of Israel, which was three generations down from Abram, and hence had nothing to do with Ishmael.

The Christians say Jesus.
    The Jews say the Messiah, and are quick to respond that the messiah is neither Jesus nor Muhammad.
    Did Muhammad claim to be the "messiah"?

Did you come up with that scripture of your own originality, or did a Mullah give it to you?
    Further, were you raised a Muslim?

• Snapdragon
    Snapdragon

Hi Looking-4-the -Truth, welcome to our board. Its not often that we get people of the Muslim faith here, so I hope you stick around. Your input could be quite interesting. If you're looking to discuss bible/koran issues, you've come to the right place. There are many here who are VERY well versed in bible scripture. Although, we will not know quite so much about your scriptures. This will be fun to watch.

Tell us more about your family. Where on earth would you meet, and marry a Mormon raised woman. I bet this poses interesting ideals about the raising of a family. Where are you originally from?

Part of my family is Mormon, so that is why I'm interested in your wife. Its a bit unusual for Mormons to marry outside the faith (just like JW's) because its discouraged.

Anyway, welcome, again.

~Snapdragon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit