its just me ,,,,

by looking-4-the-truth 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Monski
    Monski

I seem to remember from my JW days that there was talk of "The King of the North and the King of the South" spoken of in Revelation (I think - it has been 10 years since I left!) being interpreted as being Russia and America during the cold war. There was something about a seven headed beast as well. I think they said it was the United nations. Or was that the "two horned beast". I can't remember.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome to the board looking 4 truth

• Devils Advocate
    Devils Advocate

I dont' think he's looking for the truth. Sounds more like he's trying his best to be a Muslim apologetic and prove the Christians wrong so they'll run to Allah. Which of course would mean all you women on this post would be required to wear berkahs (spelling?)subjected to female circumsision, and treated like an inferior class person. I could be wrong, but I'd almost bet you money on his true intentions...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Advocate-D, I could put money on it that there are moderate muslims. It would be a moderate muslim indeed who would marry a mormon woman who refuses to wear a veil but comes to bed in strange drawers.

We can learn a lot about what we really believe when we test out how we look through anothers' eyes. I believe the muslims were on the receiving end of the Crusades.

• Devils Advocate
    Devils Advocate

jgnat --

Perhaps youre right and I hope so, but I something tells me your wrong. Can't put a finger on why I feel that way....

• Devils Advocate
    Devils Advocate

And dont forget -- the Muslims invaded Europe -- which is one of the raasons why the Crusades happened in the first place.

• looking-4-the-truth
    looking-4-the-truth

I really thank all of you for welcoming me as a member with you. and this is the first forum for me to be a member. and I feel good for accepting me.

I'm kinda busy today ,,,, and I'll be back tomorrow to reply for my brother

and If u would please explane the verse that I typed

thankx

• NewSense
    NewSense

Devil's Advocate: You state that, by "running to Allah," women would be subject to female "circumsision" (by the way, the word is spelled "circumcision" with two c's, not two s's). By this, I assume you mean genital mutilation. Before you say something as stupidly inaccurate as this, you really should check your facts. As a matter of fact, Islam expressly forbids such a practice. In point of fact, female genital mutilation antedates Islam by thousands of years. Female genital mutilation goes back to the days of Pharaohnic Egypt. Female genital mutilation is basically limited to Africa; it is NOT practiced in the so-called Middle East. It is unknown in places such as Iraq, Iran and Turkey. It has absolutely no connection with Islam; as I said, it is forbidden by Islam. So, if people do indeed carry out this horrendous custom, they do so IN SPITE of Islam, and not because of Islam. Can I make it any clearer than that? People were performing female genital mutilation thousands of years before Islam came on the scene. It has nothing to do with Islam at all.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

NewSense, that's interesting. How do you know about that, is there an information source that isn't racist? Are there any non-Islamic countries that practice it now?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Monski:
    Daniel, too.

Looking 4:

Deuteronomy, chapter 18 , verse 18 " I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and shall speak unto them all that I shall command him, "

As I said here:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/77966/1262279/post.ashx#1262279

It depends who you ask.

The chances of "Moses" refering to Muhammad are slight to none.
    Further, there's a greater chance that Deuteronomy was actually written by someone like Jeremiah, and their agenda was specifically Israelite.

I don't think you're going to find much real support in the Bible for Muhammad being in any kind of prophetic line. I am, of course, assuming that this is what you are trying to establish.

I understand you're busy, so I'm happy to wait for answers to all my other questions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit