What's your cure?

by Country Girl 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

DH--

The internet is my last bastion of sanity. How many times can I watch reruns of CHEERS? I get on here because the nightly tv fare is bad. <yawn>

CG

<too lazy an tired to type out her whole name>

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I do crossword puzzles and take a bit of nightquil.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Nyquil is pretty good... at least until you get immune to it... then it's swords alive.

Country Girl

<snore>

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Trazodone Online, Description, Chemistry, Ingredients - Trazodone ...
    DESCRIPTION. DESYREL (trazodone hydrochloride) is an antidepressant chemically unrelated
    to tricyclic, tetracyclic, or other known antidepressant agents. ...
    www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/traz.htm - 21k - Sep 6, 2004 - Cached - Similar pages

Trazodone
    Trazodone Brand name: Desyrel. Drug monograph ... Pharmacology. Antidepressant. Trazodone
    is a psychoactive compound with sedative and anti-depressant properties. ...
    www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-d03.html - 21k - Cached - Similar pages

Trazodone ( Desyrel )
    Trazodone ( Desyrel, Trialodine ) In Canada ( Desyrel Dividose ). ... Trazodone ( Symptoms
    or Effects ). Common: Dizziness, drowsiness, or lightheadedness. ...
    www.psyweb.com/Drughtm/trazod.html - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

It's cheap effective never gave me a 'hangover' you need to take it with a small amount of food to increase stomach absorbtion.Onset of action is 30 mins.

• senselessly sane
    senselessly sane

I used to have all sorts of problems sleeping, until I quit caffeine (except for the occasional piece of chocolate). It sounds pretty extreme to all my coffee-drinker friends, but it's made a huge difference, even though when I did drink caffeinated drinks often, I swore it didn't affect my sleep. But the stuff just stays in your system way too long.

• Sassy
    Sassy

my cure was getting a boyfriend with insomnia worse than me.. I wake up so many times from him waking up... that I am sooo tired I want to go to sleep all the time

• Ratboy
    Ratboy

I struggled with a severe case of insomnia when I was a teenager. Musta been the hormones. Anyway, I gave up fighting it and decided to embrace it. Get s**t done. I wrote a full-length play. I got homework done (never used to bother). Painted (a lot).

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Trazodone will put you to sleep, but it is highly addictive. Please be very careful if you consider this option.

1 beer, sipped while soaking in a hot bath while listening to Natalie Merchant, has worked for me sometimes.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sometimes I stay up just because I'm like a little girl who fights going to sleep. I was like that as a child. I was wide awake long after being put to bed and never slept at nap time. Nap time was torture.

But....if I want to sleep I have found, after many years of trying everything including many prescription meds, something that works better. It doesn't give me nightmares like melatonin does either. It's called GNC Sleep Formula from GNC. You can buy it at the GNC store or you can order it from them on line. One works but on a bad night, if I take one and it doesn't work after an hour or so I take another. It's all herbs and minerals. It costs just over ten dollars for 30. You won't feel groggy from this the next morning.

Also, if you tend to be a person who is filled with anxiety and/or the blues, they add up throughout the day to make you so wound up that you can't sleep.

For anxiety and blues I take two of Dr. Christopher's formulas. I get them from herbsfirst.com. One is called Mindtrac and the other is called Relax-Eze. I take two of each of them three times a day everyday. I have never taken any Rx meds that worked as well as these two herbal combos combined for anxiety and depression. Now upsetting things bother me only the normal amount. I take things in stride and don't spiral into despair. Consequently, I sleep much better, too.

In addition to the above benefits, Mindtrac helps me think more clearly and have a better memory. Both combos are supposed to help heal frayed nerves literally.

Flyin'

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I take over the counter Melatonin. It's the all natural substance your body produces TONs of when you're a kid. You eventually produce less and less of it starting in your late 30's. It comes in 1 and 3 mgs. tablets (tasteless). They're pretty cheap at Costco. For me, it works like a charm.... I have the 1 mg. tablets. Some nights I take one, others two and on restless nights maybe 3. I usually take it 20 min. before I go to bed. There's no "hangover" in the morning.

Also, I sometimes take "Simply Sleep"... (over the counter) .... It's what Tylenol PM has in it, minus the Tylenol. Two tablets and withing 45 min I'm out. Make sure you're going to have an 8 hour nights sleep, otherwise you might feel groggy in the morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit