What's your cure?

by Country Girl 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I have terrible insomnia. Have had it most of my life. Love visiting with all you night owls in chat!!

Don't get me wrong -- I'd love at least five straight hours of shut-eye, but just haven't found a good cure. Sure, the pills from the doc work, but he won't give me more than two weeks' worth. What is your cure for those nights that drag on and on?

Country Girl

<yawn>

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i think about all the housework i should be doing.. makes me reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal sleepy lol

• FMZ
    FMZ

Hmm.. I always try to keep a good book by the bedside. It very often doesn't actually help me sleep, but the hours just fly by.

FMZ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

In dire situations the following usually works:

A shot of whiskey, a hot water-bottle at the feet, and start praying...

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hi Country Girl - I occasionally use melatonin and it works like a charm. I rarely have trouble sleeping though, just if I have slept in that particular morning and/or have maybe had too much caffeine too late in the day.

I hope it helps you too.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Have you tried renewing your WT subscription.

I think there is a warning label on it somewhere about causing drowsiness and not to operate farm equipment while reading it so be careful.

• Confucious
    Confucious

I also take meds from the doctor.

But the best advice I received is just don't fight it.

Stay awake until your body tells you to sleep.

Think of it as a gift to get all the stuff you need done.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

CG- you have a pm.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Hi Guys --

Well, another sleepless night! Thanks for all the suggestions. I have tried the melatonin, but am now having to take 6 of them or so to get a few hours. Am a little leery of taking that many at once. Shottie... While I was reading the Watchtower, I ran my tractor into the neighbor's chicken coop! hehehe Anyway.. keep em coming!

Country Girl

<ZzzzZZZ>

• dh
    dh

stop using the internet and you will sleep fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit