How many on this board vote?

by Netty 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have savored the right to vote ever since I gained the right after I left the WTS.

Every time I vote it is like a breath of fresh air... Freedom!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

This election is a VERY important election. I won't drive this into the political section by giving my strong feelings on why! Let me just say that personally my rights are at stake. At any rate I vote in every election and last presidential election I manned the phone banks for the "get out the vote" calls. I just got an email today asking for my help again.

Its disturbing for me to see younger people not thinking this election is important. aaarrrggghhh I hope that you'll see that this is a hold over from the religion. God is NOT going to step in and fix it all, we have to be active and take part in our government, it is a participatory form of government here in the states. Take a moment and make a list of the 10 things you want most from your elected leader. Is it a sound economy? No deficit? Peace? Environmental concerns? An end to terrorism? Then I suggest that each take a look at the Democratic Party Platform and the Republican Party Platform and see how it fits with your personal belief system. You can also check voting records on the environment, on the war in Iraq, and many many other things.

Sherry

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Also, just to add a coda to Gretchen, study how each candidate's perspective and actions mirror their promises. Who has fulfilled what they said they do? What are they promising for the future? Does it sound too good to be true, or more realistic and gradual?

Do they support the freedoms you are looking for, or do they try to control you and change the way you think and live?

CZAR

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

This election will be my first time voting. I just registered a month ago.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

It's my 10th anniversary out of the Watchtower and voting!

• blondie
    blondie

We will be on the road for the primary so are voting by mail, voting for the first time. We are getting more involved in the union and the issues in our work life and our neighborhood. They need more people to work at the polls so if you can sign up.

Blondie

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I voted for the first time in 2000 at the age of 48, and have voted in every election since, even local ones (I think). The town I live in now seems to have about 6 elections a year for various things, so I might have missed a minor one, but I don't think so. Anyway, I'll be out there again on Nov. 2!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I dont plan on giving my vote to someone that i dont believe is right for the job, and to me both candidates are unstable.

• blondie
    blondie

Remeber there are races for the Senate, the House, local legislatures, town boards, county clerk, DA, school board, police chief, etc., etc.. Don't just focus on the the presidential race.

Blondie

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I do. Next time will be September 26th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit