Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie

by Farkel 747 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

That's very weird, I too had a very similar experiance when I met Sydlik in Bethel. It was a hard to describe feeling of something deeply *strange* (very hard to describe) about this man. At the time I thought it was me, but looking back I wonder sometimes.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Keep it on topic, folks.

Farkel

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Good advice Fark. So I will add another bit of information to the Rutherford saga. Back in August 1987 I met an old JW friend and we got to talking about the organization. Since my friend is still a JW I will refer to her as CW.

When CW was a little girl she and her family went to the same congregation that Mrs. Rutherford attended. They became friends and often visited with JFR's widow. CW said that when JFR would come out to California he never visited his wife, but spent his time at Beth Sarim with his mistress. I gathered that Rutherford's extracuricular activity was common knowledge at CW's former congregation. I don't know how these JWs were able to justify this. Perhaps like the Clinton partisans they felt that the president's strong leadership ability outweighed his sexual excesses. Anyway her revelation didn't bother me since I had been out of the Watch Tower for almost three years at the time.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Athanasius,

Please, my friend, complete your book soonest! I'd love to read it! And if you need some inside info (regard the JC with JR's mistresses) let me know, and I'll see if I can have you talk over the phone to a friend of mine, as well as anyone else I may know, that had contact with Rutherford .

This is getting very difficult now, because most of the ?players? have died! However, I'd still love to have the real truth about Da Judge brought out! It really needs to come out! From what I understand, nobody liked him! And I know from my own experience in Bethel, that Rutherford's "boys" followed his lead in being the most obnoxious jerks!

I was told by Dan Sydlik, that the reason the old farts (now in their late 70?s, early 80?s--and in charge of everything now), that used every curse word at me, in a 4-hour dress-down meeting while I was at Bethel, were only a reflection on how they were ?raised? by Da Judge while at Bethel! He evidently had a very short temper and had no problem with using every 4-letter (and other letter) word in dressing-me-down as a subordinate! He was a terrible person!

Thanks again!

• VM44
    VM44

Where is the picture of Berta that was to follow? --VM44

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This is a little side point that will add very little but I thought I would share it in this thread any way. I used to attend the Mira Mesa congregation of San Deigo CA. We had a visiting speaker from Clearmont Mesa(I think?)that remembers Beth Sarim and Nathan Knorr. Appearently Knorr used to also spend a good deal of time in San Deigo I don't know what years. This elder was in his 60's(1991) when I was talking to him, he said those guys at Beth Sarim sure would drink alot,, and that NK would give public lectures that would put the whole congregation to sleep every time because he was so borring. Also there was a df'd sister (in Mira Mesa) that pretended to be just an interested person and so that a sister from our congregation had a study with her. Well eventually she confessed that she was Df'd (slander I think) many years ago,, and that her husband was the congregation servant at the time and very prominent and very decietful,, so much so that Max Larson had come from bethel to speak with her personally about the matter. Her claim was that she was wrongly accussed and her husband had connections with the higher ups in bethel. I just thought I would add this bit. We told her to keep comming to meeting and perhaps she could get reinstated,, I kind of beleived her at the time. Being that the higher-ups in brooklyn were involved I wonder how we ever could get her reinstated since she still claims she was framed.

I guess I bring this up because I wonder if there are some old timmers still around in the San Diego area that may be able to shed some light on the Judge or some of his guests. You never know where the next lead will come from.

• Farkel
    Farkel

VM44,

: Where is the picture of Berta that was to follow?

larc is going to have it scanned and snail mail it to me. It will take several more days. Be patient. larc said that in the picture she was in her 50's and wearing glasses with ugly flames. But both larc and his wife told me over the phone that she was a VERY beautiful woman in her prime. larc's wife said that even when she was older she still overtly flirted with larc who was her grand nephew!

Farkel

• Ratboy
    Ratboy

I think a movie about Rutherford would be exceptional. It has everything. Scandal, politics, alcoholism, backstabbing, and above all, sex.

• Ratboy
    Ratboy
    larc is going to have it scanned and snail mail it to me. It will take several more days. Be patient. larc said that in the picture she was in her 50's and wearing glasses with ugly flames. But both larc and his wife told me over the phone that she was a VERY beautiful woman in her prime. larc's wife said that even when she was older she still overtly flirted with larc who was her grand nephew!

Farkel

How so?

• larc
    larc

Ratboy, How so? Regarding what? Did Berta flirt with me? I don't know. I was oblivious to it. My wife said she did. That is tenuous evidence. I have not gone through the old albums to find Berta's photo, but I will. Frankly, I am not in a hurry. A photo will add precious little to this story. Farkel, the picture Jan is referring to, was taken many years later, when she was much older. The picture I have is of a woman in her late 40's or early 50's, who was still very striking in appearance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit