Gawd I hate them...

by Princess 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Princess..

What a wake up call..

Hmm.

You could take the mufflers off your two big SUV's.

Park them in their parking lot during their Chruch time and sit there revving the engines all during the time their service runs. ..

Special K

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That's pretty low. Why on earth clean up at that time of night???
    That's inconsiderate at least, but nearer unreasonable.

Start with them directly, as you appear to have done with the Pastor. See if you can get them to amend their ways.
    Then move on to the neighbours, and rally support, if you have to (it sounds like you've started this already, too).

As a last resort, let me at them at Xmas.
    I can't guarantee any resolution, but I can certainly have a word in their shell-like.
    Which reminds me, I need service times...

• Valis
    Valis
    That's pretty low. Why on earth clean up at that time of night???

LT, just from a pragmatic POV that is the best time for parking lot cleaners to make thier sweep as it were (assuming it is prolly a contractor) with minmal traffic or cars to worry about. Irritating, but not suprising really. Maybe the church can just make thier cleaner show up during a day when no one is around. If they are nice that is...otherwise..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Princess, I do understand your need for revenge or at least stopping the noise.

I had some troubles with a few neighbours who where thinking that they may party until 5 in the morning (be quiet for ten minutes when the police arrived and go on when they left) The next time that they do something like that, I take revenge: I will call the basterd (infected by Gumby) with my (automatic) fax machine on his telephone line. Since he has no fax - my fax will try to deliver the message each 5 minutes untill he succeed.

His only option is to pul his telephone out.....

I hiope you'll let us know if you succeeded to either stop the noise or got revenge .....

• Panda
    Panda

Princess you are a natural born organizer. Even though the cleaners usually work at night on parking lots I'm sure that parking lots in residential zones may have restrictions. If you do the car alarm (as much as I like that idea) they'll just complain about you. Talking to the Pastor is best. Waking him up is even better... let him get the full effect.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

My dad has this neighbor would play his electric guitar at all hours of the day and night. During the day he would play it as loud as it could go. At night he would not play it as loud but loud enough where the neighbors beside him could hear it and it would keep them up. They would go pound on his window or door. They would get in these screaming matches. The guy was ticketed and he would stop for a while but then start up again. They did sue him eventually and were sent to some kind of dispute resolution mediation thingy. He had to dole out $$$$ and he never bothered the neighbors again with his horrible guitar playing.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I am so gawd damn mad at the church

ROFL!

• Sassy
    Sassy

Wow.. I can't believe that! Good for you for looking into action for the next time with the neighbors! Boy wake me up in the middle of the night for anything other than an emergency or sex and I am in a bad mood.. really really bad mood..

• Princess
    Princess

Sorry, I wasn't around much yesterday and just saw the responses since Saturday.

Ross, you have got to be kidding. I'm not going to wake you in time to go to services there! They'll love bomb you and before you know it, you will be trash talking me too.

I'm kind of disappointed that the pastor hasn't bothered to call me back. I gave him my name and phone number in the voice message along with enough information to know which house is mine. Not a word...

Steve plans to have a visit with them. I was out when he came home from his fishing trip so he heard it first from my thread here. He couldn't believe it. We are pretty sure I would have been bailing him out of jail if he'd been home that night so it's probably for the best he was fishing.

Sassy, you are so right. I felt like such a horrible mother that day. I was tired and testy and not very nice. Rhys went to his cousin's for a planned sleepover so I took Zoe to see Harry Potter before it completely vanished from the big screen. That was nice. I had 2 1/2 hours of zone out time and still made it to bed before 10.

My neighbor told me it happened years ago before we moved in and he raised hell until they changed contractors to one who would clean during the day. That I have found very annoying because of the noise but it's quite preferable to the 3am cleaning. I am hoping that we have rights as residents. They have to get their lot cleaned but the fact that they back to five houses on one side and a row of condos on the other has got to play in our favor. I'll keep you posted.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Maybe we should go over and talk to the Pastor and show him pictures of the pumpkins at the KH from a couple of years ago and a picture of the grin on your face having placed them. Just offer your "services" on the decorating side of things for their building I'd bet that would fix it !!

Good luck with it Rachel !!

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit