To Those Who Still Pray, Your Prayers are Needed For Us In Florida

by Kenneson 35 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Kenneson, what is the weather doing there?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There were tremendous clouds building up earlier in the afternoon, but they all cleared away. Of course, I'm not anywhere near the Atlantic Ocean; I'm in Tallahassee, the capital city. And I didn't hear about it dropping down to a Category 2 until I returned home at 8 p.m. We had more prayer at chapel at 10 p.m. and I haven't heard the latest advisory.

• kls
    kls

thanks Kenneson, keep praying and posting so we know you are okay. Stay safe.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Today was a very disappointing day compared to yesterday. I had hoped and prayed God would dissipate the storm. But it did not happen. Several people mocked me and even though I prayed very hard, it seems nothing changed. I'm leaving it in God's hands.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    I had hoped and prayed God would dissipate the storm. But it did not happen. Several people mocked me and even though I prayed very hard, it seems nothing changed.

Perhaps you forgot to sacrifice the goat.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Iron Gland,

Or perhaps it might have been a Category 4. Consider also this. The eye of the downgraded to a tropical storm Frances passed 30 miles south of Tallahassee and we were left virtually unscathed, as was the rest of the Big Bend of Florida. Think what you wish. We think we were spared.

I encountered other skeptics like you on the street. What if their lack of belief was responsible for the storm not diminishing further rather than my not sacrificing a goat?

I'm not telling people not to heed what the meterologists and officials tell them. If they tell you to evacuate, do it. I'm not telling people not to be prepared and not to do everything they humanly can to be out of harms way. I advise prudence. But, I also think that I did nothing wrong by suggesting to people that they pray, when they've done everything humanly possible that they could. And if Ivan comes I will suggest it again. Now, you can do nothing if you wish and that's alright by me. And your and others' skepticism doesn't take away my faith. And I still recommend to those who pray to continue praying that God diffuse Ivan to all those in its path.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit