21 Years as an Elder, 5 as an MS, I will never be that guy again.

by James Jack 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Where and when did you ever hear or see a JWS DFed for attending another DFed JWS wedding ?
    Particularly when they are family ?
    Like their own son ???
    ..... and be honest !

Finkelstein:

I personally know of a couple that were publicly reproved for attending their DF'd daughter's wedding. The charge was "conduct unbecoming of a Christian."

However, I've never heard of anyone getting DF'd for this. But the fact that they can form a Judicial Committee for it to begin with means you could be DF for it.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Wow fink you really jumped out there on that. Of course you could be DF'd for attending your df'd sons weding. Is it automatic.... No of course not, but it is certainly possible.

So unessary to take such a hardline on someone elses decision that bears no impact whatsoever on your life.

James, glad to make your aquantiance. I only recently got out of the elder thing myself. Huge burden lifted! Hope it all works out for you and look forward to speaking with you more

• James Jack
    James Jack

Thank you Morpheus,

Nice Avatar and a voice of reason!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Dont you folks see irony with all of this ?

James is now talking to a multitude of DFed JWS but he didn't have the balls to attend his own son's wedding because he supposedly was afraid the word might have gotten out to the other elders in his Hall.

He still attends meetings as it were, so this guy just reeks of hypocrisy and a bit of cowardliness.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There are set provision established by the great war Lords of the WTS, that state DFed family members are allowed to associate with these ones for vital and important occasions only.

I think most people would assume the wedding of their own son a important occasion.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    James is now talking to a multitude of DFed JWS but he didn't have the balls to attend his own son's wedding ...

I am now talking to a multitude of DFed JWs, but I didn't have the balls previously to not shun my close friends that were disfellowshipped.

I deeply regret contributing to that abuse, however, I towed the line at the time because I thought it was right or that I would get busted and get in trouble.

There's nothing wrong with changing your viewpoint.

• DJS
    DJS

@ Magnum: "I would not kiss a$$es anymore. I would not treat COs anymore special than the lowliest publisher in the congregation. I would be honest and point out things that seem wrong and/or don't make sense. I just couldn't be the JW I was - constantly praising the organization and going along with the silly, embarrassing stuff."

Really? That was you? You do not seem like that person. I was exactly opposite. I am genetically incapable of ass kissing, treated the CO exactly like the lowest of low and routinely criticized the dumbassedness of the Dark Lords' decisions. That really worked out well for me.

As to the OPer: Welcome!!! We understand. James Jack, the most wondrous thing about your situation is you have time to fix a lot of the mess created by your time in Borgland.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its situations like this one involving James and his son that makes the WTS. orchestrally cruel and mean spirited , when a son behaves in a not so Christian way and the father finds out about it and tries to counsel the son onto his behavior, the WTS punishes both the father as well his son for his son's actions.

A bit ridiculous and stupid don't you think ?

• yodastar
    yodastar

Welcome!

I liked what stuckinarut2said - Most have shared their stories, and the one thing we all have in common, is an overwhelming happiness that we now are starting IN THE REAL LIFE...one free of fairy tale beleifs and Fear, Obligation and Guilt by a cult and cult minded people.

Perfect. The guilt fear and judgement are gone. Life is free YAY. It's real, working, bills, relationships etc. it's all real and finally we can take responsibility instead of handing that off to some fantasy dream.

18 years and counting being free but if you told me to join a site like this 10 years ago I probs still will have thought it was wrong!!! They do an amazing job with the brainwashing eh?

I've only just joined this site and have to say thank you to everyone. It's a breath of fresh air to find others that express everything I've thought over the years and I guess it validates my no longer being crazy as it were because the Borg did this , not me if you know what I mean.

Oh BTW there are a lot of laughs reading the posts as well. Excellent humour on a disgraceful subject. Awesome

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Finkelstein, I also know a couple who were publicly reproved because of going to their df'd daughters wedding! (Do I know you? Or maybe this just happens often. Shoot im dying to meet some old friends on here, stupidly always looking for signs that I know some of you!! I guess I just really want some of my old friends again.)

Anyway! I also know an elder who was removed from his position because he conducted the wedding of his 'inactive' daughter and worldly son in law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit