21 Years as an Elder, 5 as an MS, I will never be that guy again.

by James Jack 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• All for show
    All for show

I can't wait to hear more from you. Especially about your view and pressures of being a " regular publisher". That was what brought me here, always feeling like we were worthless scum on the bottom of the JW totem pole. 

This place is overwhelming at first; all the information, research, and hilarious personalities make it a wild ride. 

• Tech49
    Tech49

James Jack(son), good to see you made the transition to the new board...I was wondering if you would be back.  How goes the battle?

• Get Ready For Service
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wow, what a pair of knuckleheads you were!   Whether you remain knuckleheads remains to be seen.

Were you expecting praise for your devotion to that "old-time snare-and-racket"?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Welcome James. My husband and I pioneered for 25 years between us. We left together when I was thirty thank goodness. Is your wife of the same mind as you on the JWs?
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

James:

Welcome! Like others here, I've had a similar experience to yours. You begin to learn that the Society demands total loyalty. But their only loyalty to you depends on whatever you are currently doing. Past efforts mean nothing.

Learn to brush off attempts to guilt trip you. And don't offer any explanations why you don't do whatever they want, such as occasional pioneering. My suggestion for a next step: Kick the TMS to the curb; 'retire' from it. And give no reason. They don't deserve any.

Bobcat

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

this "System of Things", wasn't supposed to last this long

With all honesty and sincerity this self devised propagation expressed  by the WTS was created to attract attention to its published goods and to stimulate the proliferation of those publications by its devoted followers.

Its nothing more than a stealth marketing scheme, exploited out of the bible which people unfortunately believe.

Jesus told of false prophets,  perhaps he should have said watch out for false prophets who are selling their false prophecies.   

• steve2
    steve2

You've clearly been hurt and upset by the way you have been treated and it looks like you've also seen (some) things more clearly - but, like so very many before you, that may not be enough for you to realize the organization is pretty much the same as all the other religions it criticizes: Little more than a "manmade" enterprise in which you prove your worth by obeying what these men tell you to do.

It would be awesome if you now put your valuable time and energy into your wife and family. 

• clarity
    clarity

James I wish you & your wife all the best on your journey to freedom!

Rollercoaster ride pretty much sums it up, but so worth it.

Take your time & plan it out ... just know that what you think is a BIG scary deal today will turn out to be nothing at all ... and you will laugh at the silliness of it!

clarity 

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Welcome to the Board J.J.

I was in the Organization since 1975, I was an elder for 20 years, Pioneered, talks at conventions, and all the other stuff that labels one a spiritual giant. I’ve only be out a little over a year and I’m not sure why I feel this way but I am so freaking happy I can’t believe what is happening in my life right now. I compare my life now to all the politicking I had to do in the organization with other elders and COs and I can’t help but feel sorry for all those still in having to set up shields around themselves and their families from idiotic individuals who demand you live by certain rules.

Once you start realizing what you missed all those years you were in,  trying to walk a fine line and keep everyone happy, you will start enjoying what you missed and forget what you left behind.  You will be like a 20 year old kid that just found out he has a 10 million dollar trust fund.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit