How True Are The Testimonies On This Board.?

by Paradise Found 24 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

This forum is very USER SPECIFIC

....other than "trolls" ( who are being naughty by JW standards), why would anyone come here to make up stories?

• bem
    bem

I haven't been here too long but I seem to be able to discern sincere posts. Maybe my intuitive nature and my dis-trust of well...Humans. . meaning be careful who you trust and what you trust them with until you get to know them personally.

BEM

• shamus
    shamus

I don't think many are made up.

I think that some are exaggerated. Even exaggerated (sp), the stories do not bode well for the 'organization', nor does it mean that the underlying truth is there.

What people fail to realize is that there's two sides to every story. But I don't think this is a place for trial by judge or jury. Nor would I be interested in any such proceedings. Just use common sense; if someone does not seem too stable, and they're story seems bizarre, then take it or leave it. Any idiot can put up a website and say whatever they want; it doesn't mean that it's true. Take strange ppl like Sword Of Jah... sound stable to you? Or JC Cannon; a person who believes they are the second coming of jesus christ (*cough*).

• bem
    bem

Shamus...tis good advice. But I learned recently there are three sides to every story! my side, the others side, and then theres the truth.<-------(not to be mistaken for jwism)

BEM

• Iforget
    Iforget

I for one am so grateful to have found this board. It made me feel normal and less like a freak for what my childhood had been like.

You can usually tell if you have been around the truth for any length of time if there is a BS post.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I never lie unless its abosolutely convenient.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: How True Are The Testimonies On This Board.?

From our own personal experiences as dubs, I'm sure I can speak for others when I say we have no need to make up chilling stories. There are plenty of true chilling stories to tell that sound totally unbelievable.

Farkel

• Sassy
    Sassy

most of us, when talking about our own experiences, are not going to lie, this is our therapy to talk about what we have been through and have people here understand.. it is a place we can really talk about it, w/o people looking at us like with judgements, because we all have gone through stuff from the WTS..

now if someone is relating a story about someone else or someone they heart about, sure it might get change over in the translation some.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Some have "the ring of truth," some don't. I'd say most fall into the former category.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

You can also get an idea of how trustworthy individual posters are by following their posts over time. There are many posters here who I have personally met or otherwise feel I know fairly well. I would give much more credence to their experiences then to a stranger's.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit