Rutherford's Sex Life

by Leolaia 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• larc
    larc

I have sent information to Farkel which he plans to send here. It appears that part of what I sent him did not go through, so we are trying to fix that. My wife also plans to write up some material based her conversations with my mother regarding Berta. I don't think Berta had an affair for 15 years unless it was an occasional fling at a convention. Berta, was howver, in very close proximity to Rutherford from 1938 when she abandoned her husband in Ohio and moved to Bethel and where she worked directly for JFR. My evidence is all circumstantial, but very compelling in my opinion.

• larc
    larc

I forgot to mention that Berta had known Bonny Boyd for several years before Berta left her husband and moved to Bethel. Berta traveled with Bonny to a convention in Europe, early on, and that is where Berta met Rutherford.

• VM44
    VM44

With ths new information about Rutherford forthcoming, let us keep in mind the good example Rutherford has set for us.--VM44

"Examples of Humility to Imitate",Watchtower, 12/1/1993, pg 18.

Another faithful servant in modern times whom Jehovah God used mightily was Joseph F. Rutherford, mentioned at the outset. He was a bold advocate of Bible truth and in particular of the name of Jehovah. Though widely known as Judge Rutherford, he was at heart a humble man. For example, he once made some dogmatic statements as to what Christians could expect in 1925. When events failed to support his expectations, he humbly told the Brooklyn Bethel family that he had made a fool of himself. An anointed Christian who had quite close association with him testified that time and again he heard Brother Rutherford apologize in the spirit of Matthew 5:23, 24, both in public and in private, for having hurt a fellow Christian by some ill-advised expression. It takes humility for one in a position of authority to apologize to those who are in subjection to him. Brother Rutherford set a fine example for all overseers, whether in a congregation, in the traveling work, or in one of the Society's branches.
  • larc
    larc

Interesting VM, the quote is at odds with what brought out in the Olin Moyle trial transcripts. Olin portrayed Rutherford as an overbearing, abusive autocrate. While Rutherford's minians denied the charges, Moyle won the law suit nonethless.

• VM44
    VM44

hi larc,

Look forward to reading what you and your wife have to say concerning Rutherford.

It is important that whatever is known about Rutherford be written down. Rutherford died in 1942 and information about him is vanishing! Not to mention the people who actually knew him!

The Watchtower is trying to present Rutherford as a humble man, and they might be successful at that if there is no one around who knew how Rutherford really was.

So doubly important for anyone with info on Rutherford to bring it forward.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

I have asked this before, and will again.

Who is writing the Rutherford biography?

and when will it be published?

Farkel, do you know?

--VM44

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I have asked this before, and will again.

: Who is writing the Rutherford biography?

Can't say.

: and when will it be published?

Can't say.

: Farkel, do you know?

Not directly, but I know who does.

Sorry I cannot be of any help. The book is well in progress.

Farkel

• VM44
    VM44

Hi Farkel,

Well, I think Maximus (who I wish well, and hope is feeling better.) knew who was writing the Rutherford bio.

and RR knows something about a book, but he ain't talking!

--VM44

• larc
    larc

VM, I was in touch with a man about two years ago, who was doing research for a book on Rutherford. He went to Rutherford's birthplace and found out some very interesting things about Rutherford when he was a young man, before he became a Bible Student. I can't remember the man's name, nor do I know the progress he is making on his book.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

hmm

Some people know but won't talk.

Some people knoe but can't talk

Some people don't know so can't talk

I know nothing so I know I can't talk.

But when the one who does know finally does talk I'm willing to read

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit