Crying at the movies

by Insomniac 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I have a hard time expressing my emotions in front of others. I mean, I'd rather be naked than to let anyone see me cry. However, there are a few movies that can, in spite of my best efforts, make me bust out crying like a little girl:

Life is Beautiful, Shawshank Redemption, Romeo is Bleeding, City Lights, all do it to me. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen them yet, but it's the last scene in each of these films that pushes me over the edge.

What are some of your favorite weepy films?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Insomniac, I feel the same way, except I'd rather be caught crying than naked - I can't stand for anyone to see me cry, even my kids!!

But I love to cry in the movies, especially if I'm alone; if the kids are there with me, I fight hard not to cry, but sometimes I can't hold out.

There have been many of course but right now I can only think of one, "Death Takes a Holiday" with Anthony Hopkins. Oh my....

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

SIACN- I should have been more clear. I only watch these when I'm all alone, in the dark, with the curtains pulled tight. Not even family gets to see me bawling!

I haven't seen Death Takes a Holiday yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

• Mac
    Mac

It's an oldie... but, "An Affair to Remember" always makes me mist up.

mac, taking Cary for Granted class

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Last of the Mohicans........

• Mac
    Mac
    Last of the Mohicans........

and the music..........!

mac*sniff*

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    and the music..........!

Yea!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Yeah..........I hate crying in front of people.

NOdenial has seen me cry though...........he has cried watching one of these movies with me too (don't tell him I said that)..

Ok...some tear jerkers for me:

1. The Joy Luck Club

2. The Color Purple

3. Untamed Heart (Christian Slater)

4. My First Mister

There are more...but these come first to my mind!

Codeblue

• Netty
    Netty

Before I was married to my hubby, I went out on a date, with someone else not him. We saw dances with wolves, and my date CRIED! I actually thought it was very cute, he was a sensitve guy, it made me like him more.

On the other hand, once when I wanted a nice romantic date with my hubby several years ago, we went to see shakeseare in love, and he ended up SNORING very loudly through the movie, people turned around and looked, and we ended having to leave. That was disappointing.

I prefer crying to snoring at movies

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

There are some movies that make me weep like a child:

1. The Shawshank Redemption--Although I did love Forrest Gump, I still say this movie got shafted at the Oscars that year.

2. Wit--The first time I saw this (heck, every time I've seen it) I cried so hard I was doing that ridiculous gasp for air thing that two year olds do when they're bawling so hard they can't breathe.

3. Pride and Prejudice (the A&E/BBC mini series collaboration.

4. Notting Hill--Yeah, it's sappy and romantic and trite in some respects but I love and won't apologize for it!

5. Sense and Sensibility

Oh heck, there are just too many to list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit