Do they expect everyone to have a MONEY TREE???

by recoveringjw 23 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sword:
    Let me guess - you're looking for a good guitar, going at a low price.
    Why don't you move there?

Bethany:
    Happy Birthday!!!
    Welcome to your thirties!

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

LT: THANKS!! I don't feel any different than I did when I was 29, hope I can carry that feeling into my 50's!!!

Sword: I know that they are not exactly jumping for joy that they moved. They both had many friends in Roseburg. But, they are too afraid to complain and think they are doing the right thing. It is because I love them so much that I am so upset about this. The organization should recognize their devotion too, and be willing to help them out since they uprooted from a place they had live for 20+ years to do the society's work. As nuts as I think they are for allowing the WTBTS to control their lives, I am very proud of them--for many reasons.

Bethany

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***I doubt they think as you do as it seems they are devoted to the preaching work and doing Jehovah's will.

Oh come OFF it, SOJ!! You sound like a Watchtower magazine....and thats NOT a compliment!

We aren't questioning the Dad's motives, but those of the Book publishing company that will suck "the faithful" dry if they let them!

It breaks my heart to hear things like this, because it's all a life of sacrifice alright---but sacrifice to WHOM?? Surely not God or Jesus! Who DOES get the benefits of anything that JWs give of theselves??

When Jesus spoke about giving up "worldly goods" and following him.....did HE reap the benefits of whatever was sold? Did Jesus have palatial estates such as Patterson built for HIM?

The WTS is no different than any other religion that amasses great wealth for themselves, all the while claiming to be more pious than others---and claiming to be THE only true religion! HOGWASH!

I don't have a clue what that guitar would be worth (I used to LOVE Les Paul & Mary Ford) but te dollar value would pale beyond the light of what it must MEAN to this man.....and the WTS couldn't care LESS about the individual JWs and their plights. Things must be pretty thin if they are unable to pay their rent---and yet the WTS floats far above the rank & file JWs as they rake in the $$$$$. It's disgusting and NO BETTER than all of the Jim and Tammy Bakkers of the TV world!

Take the giant scales off your eyes and get with it, SOJ....

Annie

Edited to add---that I forgot to wish Rec'JW a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Thanks Sunspot! Very well said!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit